Market?

Got an idea for a site feature, a suggestion for an article, or spotted an error we made, feel free to post it here.
Guests can post here!
Boinky

Market?

Post by Boinky » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:43 pm

Was wondering about the possibility or want of a Market forum section. I know it may not seem like much of a need what with player shops and the official AO Market forums as well as the one at your former home AO Vault, but one here might get more visibility potentially. As for why I even bring it up is mainly for the things you can't sell in a player shop or the official forums (no not credits) namely keys of sorts (Leet, Jobe Lux Apt etc)

Just an idea I wanted to float.

Sefus

Post by Sefus » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:04 am

*snap* I would buy a leet key AND a lux apt key!
well...if I had the money :/

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:15 am

How the hell do you sell an appartment key??? Thought they were NODROP?

Sefus

Post by Sefus » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:44 am

thats what I said. right?

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:22 am

Snakebite wrote:How the hell do you sell an appartment key??? Thought they were NODROP?
Boinky is talking about registration keys...that code you get with pre-ordered box. Problem with whole idea is that key can't be checked if used/un-used otherways as to try and register it. So whole idea is extremly vunerable to scams.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

Boinky

Post by Boinky » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:54 pm

Yeah see the things I don't think about when I'm thinking of myself. Before I had what I thought was 2 Jobe Lux keys. Finally hooked up with somebody to sell one after seeing a message in their signature and the first one I tried didn't work, so I gave them the 2nd one. Wasn't really looking to open the door for any scammers. And anyway at least here, different than the official AO forums I'm hoping we could name names if somebody does something naughty such as try and scam somebody. Also when we did the sale to limit the risk to both parties we did a half credits, then the code, then the other half after validation thing. After all you can get scammed on the other end as well even as the seller.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:48 pm

One of the obvious choices to avoid scamage, would be to only deal with higher lvl chars that do have the expansions (doing the trade in SL or checking their AI lvl is good).

Basicaly dealing with characters of good standing...

I don't do any dealings (with decent amounts of cash) with any lvl4 fr00bs!

Khuri
AOU Programmer/Coder

Post by Khuri » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:12 pm

Did you actually check if selling registration keys isn't against the EULA at all? And before you just say "no it's not", you better go and read it as a whole and point it out then, before you get yourself in trouble after all...

Boinky

Post by Boinky » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:55 pm

Yogosha wrote:You can also get a leet or apartment key from a friend as a gift...or from a player run contest. There is no rule against selling those keys for creds, but it's NOT recommended OR allowed to post on the forums. This is because if somone is trying to sell a game key (for creds NOT real money of course)...there's no guarantee they haven't used the key and are trying to sell a useless key. Since ARK and GM's can't do anything about scammers...it's on the buyer if they purchace a useless game key. That's why I'd suggest to either wait for a official contest, or till you might be lucky to get a free one off a friend. I seriously wouldn't trust somone selling a game key unless you REALLY know them well.
http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... g+leet+key

Basically they just don't allow them to be sold on the official forums and warn you about scammers, hence my interest.

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:46 pm

Sorry, no market forum will be added for several reasons, among them:

AO Official Forums cover that
Global Market Search in-game
Possible scams which could be blamed on AOU since we would host the forum

Locking the thread, thanks for the feedback tho =D