Page 1 of 1
Universal Gridfeed - AOU/FC Contest Results!
Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:49 am
Time to make it official. Here are the winners!
1st Prize - Polysim
2nd Prize - Snarfblatt
3rd Prize - Jakewhistler
Lifetime AO Account with all the expansion and all Pre-Order bonuses
Shadowlands and Alien Invasion Expansion with Pre-Order bonuses
Shadowlands Expansion with Pre-Order bonus
The Bonuses for each expansion are:
Shadowlands: Luxury Apartment (this place looks amazing, great for parties)
Alien Invasion: Pet Leet (yes, you can summon one of 10 different pet leets)
They all have been emailed, winners have until April 30th to reply to our email with the information we request so that FC can upgrade their accounts. Failure to do so will result in not getting the prize and the left over prizes will go back into a draw of qualified entries.
Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:09 pm
Bummer only 2nd place.. but I'll take it
. I haven't received my email though. So not sure if I should have yet or not.
Thanks for the great contest.
Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:17 pm
Where are the answers to the questions posted? I would like to know if I at least got them all right.
Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:45 pm
Here are the questions; The right answer is marked with an * behind:
1) What is the safe age range for people to use insurance on Rubi-Ka?
C. 21-75 *
2) Which Omni-Tek outzone outpost's workforce mysteriously disappeared in 29033?
D. RS-051 *
3) What was the name of the Colonization ship that arrived in 28702?
B. Behemoth *
4) Why dId no other Corporations Survey Rubi-ka before it was colonized?
A. There was nothing of value on Rubi-Ka
B. It was too expensive and remote *
C. ICC wouldn't let them
D. Omni-Tek killed them all
5) How long was Omni-Tek's original lease on Rubi-ka?
A. 100 years
B. 1000 years *
C. 10000 years
D. 100000 years
6) How did Notum revolutionize Nano technology?
A. It allowed the bots to operate outside the body for the first time *
B. It allowed the bots to be controlled by the user
C. It allowed the bots to augment the users abilities
D. It allowed the bots to exist
7) What was the date of the first notum mine opening?
A. October 9 28719
B. October 19 28711
C. October 19 28871
D. October 19 28718 *
8) Which of the new breeds was the first to be created for service on Rubi-ka?
A. Homo Solitus
B. Homo Nanomage
C. Homo Opifex
D. Homo Atrox *
9) Why was Omni-2 is named Athen?
A. Named after an Omni-tek officer killed in the assault
B. Named after the city in ancient greece because Omni-3 is called Rome
C. Named after the city in ancient greece because it's near a hill
D. Named after a clan general killed in the assault *
10) Where is the post-lease government set to reside?
C. Rome, Omni-3 *
11) What is the new expiration date of the new lease on Rubi-Ka after ICC punished Omni-Tek?
A. Jan 1 29500 *
B. July 1 29500
C. June 1 29500
D. June 1 29600
12) What is the name of the opening battle of the 3rd war on Rubi-Ka?
A. The battle of Stret *
B. The battle of Athens
C. THe battle of Tir
D. The battle of Milky Way
13) During the last decade, February 14th for Newland City marked a return to true neutrality. Why was this?
A. The shops in Newland stopped serving anyone but Neutrals.
B. A new sign was put on the gate as you walked through from Newland Desert saying "Neuts only".
C. Loren Warr was evicted. *
D. A new fence was installed for the residents of Newland to sit on.
e. None of the above, there was never a return to how it was before.
14) Thirty-eight highly skilled nano-technicians and meta physicists break with Omni-Tek and establish a colony on an artificially constructed floating archipelago. They name the colony "Jobe". When did this happen?
B. 29301 *
15) When do the The Corporate Wars begin?
D. 29389 *
Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:31 am
Thanks for the contest. At least now I know that the reason for my not winning was not stupidity, since I did get the answers right
I am just sitting here keeping my fingers crossed that one of the winners doesn't want his prize anymore
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:20 pm
I'm in.. got my upgrade all complete this morning.... my first reaction to the Shadowlands....
I think that sums it up. Thanks for the contest AOU.
Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:28 am
Just wait until the next one =D