Community - Dreams of Anarchy

Newsentries to be discussed

Moderators: AOU Team, Site Managers, Forum Moderators

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Community - Dreams of Anarchy

Post by Windguaerd » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:57 pm

It's been a while since I've written a DoA article, and with some things that happened recently in AO, I thought it was time. I present "Dreams of Anarchy - New Year, New Visions", enjoy!
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Tazerman

Re: Community - Dreams of Anarchy

Post by Tazerman » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:58 pm

it sounds awesome! I do agree missions are boring and the ideas for RK mission's sound fun :D
Tazerman 200/00

RU-SHUTNICK

Post by RU-SHUTNICK » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:10 am

Agree with Windguaerd, Good thinking.
Rushutnick - 218 NT
Rooblyova - 173 Fixer
Rushutnik - 24 Eng
Rubel - 51 Doc
and other )

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:47 am

A couple of things I found issue with. Nothing huge, but a few logic issues ;)
Always having a camera in the first room (we know that any place with surveillance these days have one in the lobby anyways) would keep a player on his toes as soon as he enters the mission.
Depending on where the mission entrance is, people don't always have the luxury of buffing outside. Even if they can, perk buffs (and some others) don't last through zoning so the players would instantly be at a disadvantage. I've always seen the two mobs in the hall area after the entrance as being a good way to still throw someone right in to it and can be a real test for pulling properly.
Something else I would love to see changed, is the removal of rollerrats (and the annoying lizards) within missions when you either unlock a door or chest.
Doors, totally agree. Chests, not so much. It's an established thing that rollerrats stow away in containers, so finding them in chests, along with lizards, makes total sense.
Another option is to keep the current refresh but no longer needing a garden key
Considering what a big part of SL the garden keys are, and the basics of how the SL beacon works, they shouldn't be taken out of the equation for the beacon. I do think the refresh time is too high, and that something nice to add to the beacon would be using it with no key equipped would transport you to Jobe.

Everything else looks good!

RU-SHUTNICK

Post by RU-SHUTNICK » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:47 pm

Know?! Today ran on Rubi-ka. I thought. No need to change anything. :) :) Habit....
Improve the engine of the game must be.....and will be good :D :D
Rushutnick - 218 NT
Rooblyova - 173 Fixer
Rushutnik - 24 Eng
Rubel - 51 Doc
and other )

Tonopa

Post by Tonopa » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:53 pm

I'd love to see new mission modules and textures and a complete retooling of how players interact with mission objects. An improved mission terminal GUI with options to select mission themes would be a welcome addition.

RU-SHUTNICK

Post by RU-SHUTNICK » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:58 pm

Tonopa wrote:I'd love to see new mission modules and textures and a complete retooling of how players interact with mission objects. An improved mission terminal GUI with options to select mission themes would be a welcome addition.
And I agree ))
Rushutnick - 218 NT
Rooblyova - 173 Fixer
Rushutnik - 24 Eng
Rubel - 51 Doc
and other )