Community - Message from Ukblizzard

Newsentries to be discussed

Moderators: AOU Team, Site Managers, Forum Moderators

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Community - Message from Ukblizzard

Post by Ukblizzard » Sat May 07, 2011 8:47 pm

When I first joined the AOU team back in 2005, I had no idea that as a team we could accomplish so much together. The brainstorming of ideas, trying to figure out processes and chatting for hours in game while trying to get screenshots of mobs that never seemed to be up... or have enough light - has been a lot of fun. I feel that I have been really lucky to share the experiences I have, and I do not regret even a second I have spent with the AOU team.

Today however, I am publically resigning from my position as Site Manager for AO Universe. My input and energy has dwindled since just before Christmas of 2010, and as my husband always advises me to take a bit of time before making rash decisions, I have done. 6 months of me thinking about how much more energy and time I could contribute to AO Universe while at the same time giving other things in my life the attention they need.

I would like to thank every single member of the AO community who has taken time to give me feedback directly and contacted me in-game personally about something on AOU ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ be it mistakes, things to add or just to say thank you. I appreciated every single conversation I had. I would also like to thank the AO Dev team, so many of them have worked with me on completing information for guides and articles. Most of all though, I thank the AOU team for putting up with me for as long as they have done ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ it has been a great journey and one I am glad I participated in.

I am sure the AO Universe team will be around for a long time to come, I hope that new guides and content are produced and that the working relationships in the team continue to grow. I use the site a lot, and I want to still be able to after AO hits its 10th Anniversary next month!!

Thank you all, and FOR THE CORPORATION!
Ukblizzard

RU-SHUTNICK

Post by RU-SHUTNICK » Sat May 07, 2011 9:21 pm

Thank you very much, Ukblizzard,. Your contribution to the development of AO Universe is huge! It is a pity that you are leaving us ... :(

Vickie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Vickie » Sun May 08, 2011 8:12 am

Buhu:( thanks alot for all you contributed with, and sad to see you resign. You , among other key persons has made AO universe the best, and most updated/used Fansite of AO, and i am proud to have been a part of it with you.

I will probably catch you ingame now, and we probably both have more time to do things together now and then :D

/hugs

Vickie
Sworn to Avenge. Condemn to hell. Tempt not the blade, All fear the Sentinels.

Vickie "Ladypz" Creehan President of Forsaken

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sun May 08, 2011 8:31 pm

Damn... Oh well, so long as you're still playing and you pop back now and again, have fun :D

<S>
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Nuadha

Post by Nuadha » Tue May 10, 2011 2:36 am

Thanks for all that you and your staff have done! The guides at AO Universe have been indispensable for my game play the past few years. Your work and dedication have really been appreciated!

Kintaii

Post by Kintaii » Thu May 12, 2011 4:03 pm

My personal thanks for all the work you've done and the many contributions to the game you've offered over the years. It's always been a pleasure to work with you when coordinating with AO Universe and various RPing aspects of the game, and you'll be sorely missed.

Cheers for the many years of you being awesome. =D
Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
Anarchy Online
Senior Designer, Jack of All Trades

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Thu May 12, 2011 5:20 pm

Thank you all for your comments, I invested a lot of time and energy to AOU.. and even though I feel I cannot anymore - to know that the time I did spend over the last 5 years has been appreciated definitely means a lot.

As for your comment, Sir Brad, I promised not to quit AO til the servers are switched off - Omni-Pol is a huge part of my life and that definitely is not changing, and so therefore I am not quitting for at least the next forever and a day +1. Now I am not dedicating my life to guide writing, I have more time for organisation development and RPing, so there :)

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Thu May 12, 2011 5:54 pm

Darn... There goes Omni on a rampage again... :D
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Bubbacrush

Post by Bubbacrush » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:32 pm

I totally missed this event. But, you put so much work forth on this side that you most definitely have earned a rest from it.

I enjoyed our time together when we last spoke during the interview and have it linked on our new org website.

Good luck, hun. :) I Hope the family is faring well.
-----------
Bubbacrush
President of Steadfast.
RK2