planetmap problem

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

pzkpfwVI

planetmap problem

Post by pzkpfwVI » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:47 am

since patch 16.3 my planetmap is just black, I was using CSPmap then I patched, how can I fix it?

Tepamina

Post by Tepamina » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:41 pm

There's probably a problem with the folder that it's in.

Make sure that the mapfile (CSPmap.bin) is in here :

Funcom\Anarchy Online\cd_image\textures\planetmap\CSPmap

If it is still there, I'd suggest re-downloading it (there's an update that's out anyways) and re-installing it.

http://creativestudent.com/ao/

Cambo

Post by Cambo » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:18 am

You might also want to check that AO hasn't placed you by default at the top-left corner of the map - it has a habit of doing that when first opened, or after completing a mission. Just click on the "Character" button at the bottom of the window.

Cambo

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:57 am

Cambo wrote:You might also want to check that AO hasn't placed you by default at the top-left corner of the map - it has a habit of doing that when first opened, or after completing a mission. Just click on the "Character" button at the bottom of the window.

Cambo
I find it does that to me if I've just come from the Shadowlands to RK of vise-versa...
& if you have your map open when you transfer, it WON'T update till you close it...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Morrgann

Post by Morrgann » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:57 pm

you may have also missed an update. I had the exact same problem when I installed the latest update. The fix was simple....I just downloaded the full installer instead of the update, and it now works flawlessly. :)