A Rubi-Ka Exclusive: Investigative Report

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

A Rubi-Ka Exclusive: Investigative Report

Post by Windguaerd » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:33 am

This thread is to discuss the Article: "Investigative Report"
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Nyton

Post by Nyton » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:04 am

Its a nice article and brings up good points about the assassination.

((I also want to comment that its nice this RP seems to have been very succesful.))

mirth

Thank you

Post by mirth » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:51 pm

I hope this will be a open and civil thread. The anarchy online forums have become a mess with deleted threads. It has become almost impossible to get anything but Funcoms story about this. Allot of this had boiled down to he said she said drama, or flames from opposing factions
We all know Funcom has ELUA we hit accept every time we start the game, but this drama has encompassed more then that. There is no denying Funcom created a creative dynamic world to run about in and shoot up leets. But a long standing grip as been the lack of support and forward progress on bugs. To be exact the suspensions and banning of 1 person is still unclear to many if it was a bug loop hole in the game mechanics which i guess would be still be a bug. But many seem to agree that it has been there a long time and many on both sides of the issue have petitioned about it. Many have found suspect the timing of the suspensions, how some were suspended by association, and the inability for the accused to argue their case.
As a paying customer i find after 5 years that the support i get from FC is less then professional. Why stay, well a new game is coming out soon, and i hope and they will be getting my hard earned money soon. Also the community in a whole is great.
To boil it down if what Funcom says is true then they had every right to do what they did. But is this anyway to treat paying customers. Some who have been with anarchy online since the start and have waded through the thick swamp of server drops, lag deaths and countless bugs created by new patches meant to fix other bugs.

Stillian

Post by Stillian » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:29 pm

I can't quite see what the beef is. We all know AO has problems, but then all games do. If the problems were that bad, we'd all have decided to quit a long time ago.

FC has addressed the issue. It has, to my knowledge, been corrected and those who made use of it suspended or banned.

The exploit was an intentional one. It was 99% impossible to do it accidently.