Problem with Crash

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

-MANEKEN-

Problem with Crash

Post by -MANEKEN- » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:40 am

Hi there people!! I have a problem. Im playing AO for 2 days. Lvl almost 10. I'm playin that free version... While I was trying to teleport to ROME (one player recomanded me it) system crashed to windows... Now I'm not able to log into the game because everytime I'm trying, it crashes... Lol I don't wanna play it again from lvl 1... Do you have any solutions for me??? please help :cry: Can I just chenge the starting point or something?

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:16 pm

When it crashes do you get the AO loading screen up again giving you an error message?

-MANEKEN-

Post by -MANEKEN- » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:45 pm

I played it a few minutes ago. But it crashed again. But now it crashed to desktop with Window, which says about chrash. Before it didn't...

Tristano

Post by Tristano » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:04 pm

Maybe you should try and re-install it first. You won't lose your character, it's stored on the server. Your problem sounds like your game install got corrupted (most likely due to installation of other software/updates/windows update).

What exactly does the error message say?

-MANEKEN-

Post by -MANEKEN- » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:17 pm

would you like to send crash report? or something like this. It crashes after 10 minutes of playing... I'll try to reinstall. Maybe It'll help. Last time it didn't show me any crash window...

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:07 pm

What did that window say?

-MANEKEN-

Post by -MANEKEN- » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:26 pm

ussualy there is no window... it just crashes. But now I relized that it chrashes always when the weather is changing. Firstly all textures disapear exept ground for 1 or 2 seconds and after this AO crashes to desctop without any window. Sometimes it ask me if I want to send crash report... Last time it restarted my computer. Maybe there is something wrong with my graphic device or something... But it didnt do this while I was on Noob island. It started after teleporation to Rome :? :?:

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:04 pm

I know you are a froob, but as you still can access and read the AO forum, try the "Crashing Issues" Link here: click

Tristano was right with that you wont loose your character if you reinstall, but I know I try other options before sitting and patching the game again :)

good luck!