n00b question about loot

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Tristano

n00b question about loot

Post by Tristano » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:34 am

Greetings all!

I'm new to this forum and new to AO. At the time I'm writing this, I'm a level 14 Engineer. I've been running around doing missions and visiting the Subways. On every kill (except in team in the Subways) I loot the remains of my victims and take everything I find, simply because I have no clue what I might be able to do with it later. It won't be the first time I fail to take an item in the first levels, only to regret it later in the higher levels when I specifically needed that item to move ahead.

My AO bank is now abundant with loot... a bit too much, really.

Any advice on how to deal with "Spoils Of Victory" or "Lewt" would be greatly appreciated. :)

Your friendly Engi,

Tristano.

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:21 am

First of all, sell all monster parts and weapons/armor you can't use. At your level few things will be worth keeping.

Tip 1: Buy bags, DON'T store items straight into inv or bank, or you are wasting space. Grab everything in corpses and fill your bags!

Tip 2: Check the Master Blitz List v2.0 guide to give you an idea what may be worth keeping.

Tip 3: Keep med kits that you can't yet use, it will save you a little money when you are able to use them.

As a low level you will be stuggling for credits at the start, be frugal (cheap). However there are unavoidable expenses: nanos (priority), weapon and armor.

My advice is to seek an org, join up and make friends with more experienced players there. Also be sure to read the guides here at AOU, we have an extensive Knowledge section.
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Tristano

Post by Tristano » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:33 am

Thank you Windguaerd :)

Yes I will definitely need those bags. And I'll most definitely check out the guide!
As far as health and nano recharge kits go, since I have a mindstaggering death rate I do stock up on those.

Also I've been very fortunate in the financial department, a high level player - I am ashamed I forgot his name - kindly offered me 20.000 credits after a succesful team killing spree in the Condemned Subway :)

Your Friendly Engi,

Tristano