Raising Skills

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

rfharris

Raising Skills

Post by rfharris » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:25 am

I have just reached lvl 12 in this game, and I want to allocate some of my IPs to certain skills like Treatment and Mapping, but system tells that I have reached the maximum for this title. How do I get my skills up they, are too low to use even some of the basic items.

I know that skills have dependencies such as Intelligence, Sense, Agility and I have raised them but still can't increase the skills that I need.

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Re: Raising Skills

Post by Windguaerd » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:36 am

rfharris wrote:I have just reached lvl 12 in this game, and I want to allocate some of my IPs to certain skills like Treatment and Mapping, but system tells that I have reached the maximum for this title. How do I get my skills up they, are too low to use even some of the basic items.

I know that skills have dependencies such as Intelligence, Sense, Agility and I have raised them but still can't increase the skills that I need.
My advice friend, is to take a look at the basic shop, where professional implants which go from QL 10 to QL 100 are pre-made for you (however do look at other prof imp sets that may be beneficial to you).

Another thing, buffs (nanoformulas) that can increase the skills you're lacking. These can be generic nanos like the boost line (stamina boost, strength boost), or the one which are profession specific that you can't use...but can ask other players to buff you with.

The problem I see, is that at lvl 12 you don't have that much NCU to work with. Try to get to lvl 20 and upgrade armor with whatever you find in corpses and buy a better weapon, focus on that. At 20 you can have better NCU since your comp lit will be higher.

Oh dont forget to get a med suit, this is an omni-tek med suit that comes with sleeves x2, boots, gloves, pants and chest. It can be used by neutrals and clan side and it will add +78 to your treatment.

Hope that helped.
Last edited by Windguaerd on Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

rfharris

RE Raising Skills

Post by rfharris » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:28 pm

Yes, that is helpful advice. As a noob here I am not yet familiar with much of the mechanics of the game.

I think what you are saying is that I have gone as far as I can in those areas by allocating IPs and now must use the other means you mentioned to raise my skills.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:52 pm

There's only a few ways of increasing any skill:

1/ Spending IP...
2/ Using Buffs (self or from others)...
3/ Items that give a bonus...
4/ Implants/Symbiants...

IP first (for low lvl), then a couple of Buffs, then in with some Implants (usualy the ready made ones Win mentioned), then probably some larger buffs once you have some extra ncu in, then the world is the mollusc of your choice!

Items to look out for are:

1/ 2x Second-Hand Old English Trading Co.
Gives 5 Int each, get as low QL as possible (lvl1 is lowest) as they all have the same buff but require more skills to equip the higher they are.
2/ 2x Concrete Cushion
Gives 8 to both Strength & Stamina each, lowest lvl again (lvl10) for the same reasons.

These will allow you to get a bit of an edge & equip higher lvl Implants...

For cash, do missions, loot everything not bolted down securely enough & sell it to the shop terminals...

edit/
oh, when putting in Implants, the med suit gives 78 & the Implant terminal gives 100...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Morrgann

Post by Morrgann » Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:25 pm

If you are level 12 and have reached Title Caps on some of your skills, don't despair. This happens to everyone as you approach a new title level. You will gain Title Level 2 at level 15 at which time you can again stqart raising those skills again. Title Levels are, I believe, as follows:

TL1: 1-14
TL2: 15-49
TL3: 50-99
TL4: 100-149
TL5: 150-199
TL6: 200-219
TL7: 220

Depending on breed and profession, some of your skills that you raise every level will reach title caps anywhere from 3-15 levels before you reach a new title level. (My engie reached title caps on MC/TS at level 85 :( ) When that happens, there are, as stated before, few options other than to keep levelling. :)

Stillian

Post by Stillian » Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:48 pm

Title Level 1: Begins at Level 1
Title Level 2: Begins at Level 15
Title Level 3: Begins at Level 50
Title Level 4: Begins at Level 100
Title Level 5: Begins at Level 150
Title Level 6: Begins at Level 190
Title Level 7: Begins at Level 205

The Guide to Title Level's and Profession Ranks can be found here