I'M New Again

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

xaatxuun

I'M New Again

Post by xaatxuun » Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:16 pm

been 6 or 7 years, but decided to download AO
for some reason my old PW wasn't working, and the forgot pw wasn't sending anything, and I didn't want to wait, so created a new account with FunCom.
MY oh my, never thought I needed to use tutorials :shock: , but I did, I really did forget how to play. even forgot how I had things set up
Have a lot of catching up how things work again :mrgreen:

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Re: I'M New Again

Post by Snakebite » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:16 pm

Are you using the same E-Mail address as when you made the account?

Yeah, it gets you like that, I took 6 months off and forgot how to tradeskill!
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:28 pm

Snakebite wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:16 pm
Are you using the same E-Mail address as when you made the account?
Yes I am
I was trying to open free accounts, but those came back , as not paid. So I was really confused.
while back needed so many PW's I wrote 'em down and the emails attached to them, so yeah same e-mail.
I had also noted which ones were LE and which were free, also was grandfather in on a couple SL's.
when I last played there were 12 accounts of all kind, but at least half were not reactivated back then :oops:

-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-
Snakebite wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:16 pm
Yeah, it gets you like that, I took 6 months off and forgot how to tradeskill!
wow, you must be older then me, if you forgot in 6 months time :P

heh, man . . . totally have screwy looking UI on that first character, I think I can fix it, may reroll him, forgot about the newbie armor that can be upgraded, and left Artete (sp?) too soon
which reminds me, gotta get them maps installed :mrgreen:

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:20 pm

Somewhere on the accounts page, there's a link that will send all your account names to you in an E-Mail, if that helps...

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:06 am

Snakebite wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:20 pm
Somewhere on the accounts page, there's a link that will send all your account names to you in an E-Mail, if that helps...
that was the first thing I did, and most confusing
I'll try and make sense
None of my accounts, were connected, they all had there separate account name, so what I got, was all of the names to that email address.
all the AO, AoC, and TSW. so I ended up with a dozen or more names. That's all :| That part I already knew

Now that's not the problem, since I did note down, which is ,to which game. As for Anarchy Online, they were either Full Paid, Paid Sloob, or Free. Which was also noted to which was Full Paid, Paid Sloob, or Free.
right now, it listing/claiming that they're all paid, and need to make a payment ( I have only seen this with AO, AoC and TSW are no longer installed) . It just tells me that, and will not fully show me the account page, or even let me log in game.
I'm not going to worry about it, if I'm just going to play Free.
AND
I do appreciate your help

-=-=-=--==-=-=-= -=-=-=--=-=-=-=-- -=-=-=-=--=-=- -=-=-=-=-=-=-==-
there really are less players then 6 years ago. Six years ago plenty were on where there was hardly any issues getting a group together. Now haven't tried yet, it looks barren, that some may be a issue getting a group, specially at some of the times I play.

relearning has been interesting, so many "Oh Yeah" , and "forgot I could do that" moments. Yesterday , someone actually talked to me. I was like "WOW, a real person". They hadn't played even longer then I, That was great. I do miss starting out in the backyards, I still think there was more immersion starting there.
The only problem I have, I keep clicking on 'Create' and not 'PLAY', it's more really of the location of the buttons :mrgreen:

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:19 pm

Ok, so...

Can you actually log into the accounts page?
The old one is no longer active, just the crappy new one...

To be active (ignoring the fr00bs), you need:
1/ An attached payment method.
2/ An active account.

Which means a suitable card attached to each, and you have to reactivate each account.
Just telling it to make a payment isn't enough!

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:36 am

I think it was said ( a long while back) if you stop paying froob, you lose the grandfathered of that payment method

weird, that if you stop playing an account, a 'Free' account, and to play it again, you have to pay :?
totally understandable if it was an full paying account to begin with

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:20 am

update
Snakebite wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:19 pm
Can you actually log into the accounts page?
The old one is no longer active, just the crappy new one...
I have managed to open one of the free accounts.
first couple tries I thought was the new account page since it looked different. There was a link on the discord page, and it worked.
was able to see 3 of the paid, well 4 if you count the one sloob, so really 4, and of course the one of the free ones.
I'm pretty sure it's typos , and too many attempt's why I can't get them open, YET 8)

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:57 pm

xaatxuun wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:36 am
I think it was said ( a long while back) if you stop paying froob, you lose the grandfathered of that payment method

weird, that if you stop playing an account, a 'Free' account, and to play it again, you have to pay :?
totally understandable if it was an full paying account to begin with
I'm not sure what you're saying here...
As a player with a top end tradeskiller, I have MANY free accounts to store all the crap on. No matter how long I've left them without touching them, I've never been asked to pay!
Check the payment history on them, see if any payments have been made in the past.

Edward

Post by Edward » Sat May 13, 2023 8:57 am

Hey guys, I am new here whats going on