Holytrinity...

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Holytrinity...

Post by Snakebite » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:44 am

<<<Linked from Official Forums...>>>

Well, I'm gonna open a controversial topic here, one that has had several topics running in the Official FC Forums (almost all of which have been deleted, thereby not allowing the player base to vent properly)...

Holytrinity, they apparently:
1/ steal AI bosses (proven)
2/ hang back & then steal APF bosses (proven)
3/ get to SC in an org & delete their city (unproven by me)

These guys have flaunted & bent the rules time & again, they have shocked & offended many, many people of all factions.

What can/should be done about them?

Discuss...

Ok, I'm not worried about names being dropped, speculation or anything like that.
However, I will come down hard on any offensive language in any form (including missing out letters or disguising it in '1337' speak).
Nothing that breaks our board rules please. (which includes flaming each other).

Have fun, & lets work something out about this problem.
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Stillian

Post by Stillian » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:14 am

The first two now come under a special form of harassment. /petition. The city deletion could come under harassment, but probably not.

Sorceress

Post by Sorceress » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:53 am

I would say deleting an orgs city is harassment, but how do they do that anyway?

Only way to delete a city is to be Prez of the org no?

Stillian

Post by Stillian » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:41 pm

Squad Commander and higher.

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:18 pm

1/ steal AI bosses (proven)

Funcom officially answered to that one, since the alien raids are a player-triggered event, it becomes under Kill Stealing, therefore harrasment.

2/ hang back & then steal APF bosses (proven)

That one I don't think FC has responded to, however knowing the number of high level players involved in those raids....whomever did that, would get peititioned by at least 20-40 players and let me tell you...ARK doesn't ignore that many petitions in one shot...something like that someone get woken up (I mean that probably an Advisor or even a GM would get involved).

3/ get to SC in an org & delete their city (unproven by me)

Well this one is tough. FC made it possible for SC and General rank (2 below leader) to demolish buildings. I can't agree why the hell they did this. Allowing them to PLACE buildings....yeah...but demolish? why? only the leader should be able to do that. Sure they could say "you must trust someone to get that high in your guild right?"....true, but look at it this way...when is the last time you have given your best friend your bank account's pin number to your entire life savings?....

This should be changed, and I'm all for it.
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Stillian

Post by Stillian » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:24 pm

Oh agreed, President for destruction, General's at the worst. Definetly not Squad Commander.
APF ninja-looters normally get bot-banned and petitioned. And if they ninja an org they normally get stalked and killed :twisted:

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:41 pm

As you know, these guys are Clanners, it was the sector35 they looted, whilst OMNI were doing it, difficult to ban them more from a bot they can't actualy get into anyway!
Almost all my Chars are Clan, but that doesn't mean I'm going to spoil any Omnis play time...

The city buildings deletion was just a roumour I heard, I have no idea who the city belonged to or if it actualy happened, & yes, SC or higher has access to do this thing, I was very nervous when I got to that rank in my Org & realised what I could do if I wasn't paying attention!

But mostly this Thread is to discuss what penalties & punishments we as a community can hand out.

1/ Banning from all raid bots would be a good start...
2/ I know they are now on several Clan Orgs KoS List...
3/ ??? any other ideas?

Stillian

Post by Stillian » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:57 pm

The Omni raidbot has good relations, in issues like this, with the Clan bot, and vice verse. Disiplinary issues can normally be negotiated.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:16 pm

Yes it does, unfortunately, they are already banned from alienfun... lol

Trinity were reported to have asked omni if they wanted to help OD Clan if they took 35, apparently there was something they wanted in there...

Mardonge

Re: Holytrinity...

Post by Mardonge » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:03 pm

Snakebite wrote:1/ steal AI bosses (proven)
I can also confirm this, and how they do it to make it loot unintended.

I was asked to doc an org raid, and I was last to come to join the team.
The tank had already made the team, and invite Holytrinity1 and 3.
Since at I had already heard the rumors about these guys, I had a chat with the rest of the team in org chat to warn them.
The plan was simple: /team loot leader, and if they leave team, let them have the boss... (I know 2 shades can kill it easy, but these were dual logged on the same machine. Was easy to see on the movement patterns).

So, what happend? They killed nicely and behaved very good during the ground waves. Then... on the start of the last wave, they both LD... How strange is it for both to LD at the same time... just to come back in time to get the gen??? So, we let them have the gen and stepped back, and it went as I thought it would. The gen killed them both before he was at 75%. We took down the gen when both were dead and got our loot...

One of them even came back to finnish of the gen...

BTW: I petitioned at the start of the raid to have ARK's observe it. And I had a long chat with some AKR after raid (don't remember name). Don't know if they ever did anything, but at least they have the procedure observed and explained now.

Sorceress

Post by Sorceress » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:13 pm

Hehe Nicely done Mardonge :wink:

Do they really think they can keep on doing these things unnoticed?

Sheesh...

Frieloc

Post by Frieloc » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:53 am

They have to know it's noticed, they just obviously don't give a damn.

As much as you want to think a place like APF is a bot-run place, it is completely FFA so you're SOL unless your KT can OD them. Best you can do is what some poster above said - sit back and hope/wait for them to die.

Camelot is a different thing. It has been discussed a bit on the forums, but I guess the simplest thing would be to get someone Omni and flagged to attack them in hopes that they attack back, get flagged, and then everyone can rape them. People have objected to coop'ing with either Omni players/orgs/bots, but come on - ignore a part of your stupid greed. If you want to get any loot from Tara (because you're not going to OD 6 Atrox Shades) so what if you need to sacrifice say 1 significant loot with the Omnis? Any loot is better than none. I doubt anyone Clan-side will allow this to happen though. I heard Clan rk2 Tara can get 150-200 people leeching for points nowadays. People want their easy points so they can just farm loot. Most probably couldn't handle cooping with omnis.

If they're in an org with themselves (I dunno I play Altantean), and you have GMs see them committ these acts over and over again the GM can disband the org and ban the players. We had a similar thing happen a little after SL launch with an Omni org (former Midnight Reveries) that consisted of all say 210+ people (when 210-220 people weren't everywhere like now) and they would go OD and FFA anything from Mercs, to PBs, and other misc raids until they gone too far and that happened. There was recently a remake <something Reveries to OD apf and player spawned Generals, but I believe that org disbanded due to reactions of the playerbase and not FC this time.
Imatroxdoc, 188/12 Atrox Doctor, Omni, Squad Commander of Band of Little Brothers
Ruffixx, 136/13 Opifex Fixer, Omni, Unit Member of Obsidian Order

Former account open for now:
Imadoctor, 208/11 Solitus Doctor
Frieloc, 205/8 Soltius Adventurer

All Altantean.