Making credits

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Treeslayer

Making credits

Post by Treeslayer » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:31 pm

Getting best credits for your efforts-

I have read in an ORG forum that Newland MIIR is a “best” place to sell items for Clan.

I decided to test the above claim. As I have toons (characters) in all three factions this was easy to accomplish.

I selected a small number of low level armor items for my testing. What I discovered pretty much amazed me. I have traveled to every location on RK (Rubi-Ka) through the years selling items from missions. I had noticed some differences in prices from one location to another. Early on I had presumed that the further a location was from the home location the higher the price. This is not the case. From Tir and its outposts to Avalon and Omni related Omni Entertainment and its outposts, H2O and Rome, ICC and Newland, the terminal/booth giving the best price is “weapons” in Omni-Trade (OT.)

Below are some numbers for the “crunchers.” Not being math inclined I’ll pass on making a fancy graph or trying to explain extrapolation and such.

At every stop a random terminal and a weapon terminal was used except the ICC and Newland MIIR shops where I used the ‘swimwear terminal.

Every stop except the OT weapon terminal gave the same price.

Base Weapon
Terminals terminal
at OT
25,376 38,065 the difference> almost 50%

If you are selling “loot” then I strongly advise that you have an Omni shop-toon.
help a n00b- they give life to the game

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Re: Making credits

Post by Snakebite » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:00 am

Did you try selling to Omni shops with a Clan character (I can't remember which terminal Clan can use)? But the return is substantial!
This used to be a big thing back in the day. And the reason Omni would see so many Clanners in their shops..! :D :top:
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Treeslayer

Post by Treeslayer » Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:25 pm

LOL
Can not agree that this works.
In Omni cities, weapon terminals are best.
Get a trader- the ICC 'specialty commerce' kiosk in Shopping building is best.
help a n00b- they give life to the game

sarcta4

Post by sarcta4 » Mon May 30, 2022 10:23 am

interesting information