Steam and clicksaver question

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Ghostuk

Steam and clicksaver question

Post by Ghostuk » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:23 pm

Hi Gang,

Another oldtimer dipping his toe back in the water after 8 years. I rolled a Froob account on Steam before deciding whether to reactivate my old paid account.

Any thoughts on Steam vs the beta engine? Also, can Clicksaver work with Steam? Clicksaver needs to point to the AO directory and I'm not sure it can do that when I'm on steam.

Cheers,

Sawbones2/RockmSockm/RootnTootm/Sliderule

PS: is the Pantheon Guild (Clan) still around?

bitnykk

Re: Steam and clicksaver question

Post by bitnykk » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:04 pm

Hi,

About engines, no matter if Steam or not : the old has bit more stability even if some people manage to run & tweak new engine quite correctly ; i advice you to surf the youtube tutorials of Caloss2 about these aspects.

For Clicksaver, never tried through Steam but i guess as it hooks in AO Client which should be the same no matter if you run via Steam or directly by Funcom client, should work either way.

Finally you're asking about Pantheon, as i'm playing Clan i can't tell for sure but it seems this org kinda died after merging (2013) ... didn't cross any of them in RK/SL (that said i'm not going Tara & pay few attention to Wars).

Hope that fix all your questions, welcome back in AO !

Ghostuk

Re: Steam and clicksaver question

Post by Ghostuk » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:02 pm

Thanks Bitnykk,

Look forward to relearning everything I have forgotten :)

Still need to figure out how to reinstall Clicksaver but got the new/beta engine running. Odds are i’ll Resubmit and see if my old toons still exist. But it’ll be a while before i’m Fit for a team or raid.

Also had a bunch of useful macros and scripts I need to remember/recreate. Good fun.