Why so few benches i OA?

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Greenwolf

Why so few benches i OA?

Post by Greenwolf » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:36 pm

I was wondering why there are so few benches in Old Athens? :shock: Is there a story behind it or have the map designers been too lazy to add them?

Many times I have been walking in Old Athens looking for a place to rest ending up sitting on grass or going into a pub :cry:

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:19 pm

Hmm, may include that suggestion in my next article. Good idea!
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:10 pm

Maybe they are trying to introduce clanners to the fine art of going for picnics and sitting on the grass - make a suggestion for blankets instead of benhes! Lower maintenance costs!!

Nyton

Post by Nyton » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:47 am

There aren't a lot of benches in Omni cities either, none in Rome.

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:28 am

Tir is full of benches. At least the central area around Fair Trade. On the other hand, park area around Happy Rebel is deperived of them.

I started to suggests lack of benches in OA is due to people getting stucked, but since there's that small wall enclosing all the "new" grassy areas, bences wouldn't make a difference.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

Greenwolf

Post by Greenwolf » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:23 pm

Ukblizzard wrote: Maybe they are trying to introduce clanners to the fine art of going for picnics and sitting on the grass - make a suggestion for blankets instead of benhes! Lower maintenance costs!!
Those would be great also! :D But they could break up easily :( And picnics are only nice when the sun is shining :?
Trgeorge wrote:
...I started to suggests lack of benches in OA is due to people getting stucked, but since there's that small wall enclosing all the "new" grassy areas, bences wouldn't make a difference. ...
How can one get stuck to a bench? :shock: Or then it could be something simple like a wooden trunk or a concrete block. Anything would do as long as you would "want" to sit on it. And even one bench in all the main player gathering places would be enough to make a tired traveller happy.

Sorceress

Post by Sorceress » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:45 pm

Greenwolf wrote: And even one bench in all the main player gathering places would be enough to make a tired traveller happy.
And then we can all PvP over the rights of sitting on that one bench! :P

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:45 pm

hmmm...tired travellers would loose then since they are fatiqued. And we'd have new form of players...bench campers.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

Sorceress

Post by Sorceress » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:44 pm

Ooooh!! That's what I'm gonna be then!! Bench Camper.. Like the ring of that title :P

Morrgann

Re: Why so few benches i OA?

Post by Morrgann » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:26 pm

Greenwolf wrote:Many times I have been walking in Old Athens looking for a place to rest ending up sitting on grass or going into a pub :cry:
There are pubs in OA now?? Where???

Greenwolf

Re: Why so few benches i OA?

Post by Greenwolf » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:49 pm

Morrgann wrote:
Greenwolf wrote:Many times I have been walking in Old Athens looking for a place to rest ending up sitting on grass or going into a pub :cry:
There are pubs in OA now?? Where???
Nope, sorry. I mean't the Cup in West Athens. Not too far walk to there from Old Athens.

Sorceress

Post by Sorceress » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:19 am

WTB pubs in OA!! Pubs and benches ftw!!!

nerfmaster

Post by nerfmaster » Sat May 06, 2006 9:20 am

and a dancing bunny ^^
phear teh nerf!1

nerfmaster

Post by nerfmaster » Sat May 06, 2006 9:21 am

and a dancing bunny ^^ why not a zoo with omners too? i heard they were monkeys with guns or just monkey with wooden stick slaping each others ...
phear teh nerf!1

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sat May 06, 2006 2:59 pm

Monkies throw poo... :(