Thoughts on AO

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Clairemonet

Thoughts on AO

Post by Clairemonet » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:27 am

So I have kept in contact with some AOers from way back when I played.

Played from beginning to around 2004.

I believe AO is the best MMO I ever played. Mainly because of the character development. It was always fun when bored of grinding XP on high level toons to roll lowbies and twink the hell out of them. My friend TheMaryjane or XxxMaryJane or Jessica was insanely good at it.

Seen that Funcom has been working (as slow as they do) on a new engine and have that temptation. Downloaded the game last night. After playing GW2 for the last few years, the game sure is ugly. I even died 2x on newbie island because I have no clue how to play AO.

Browsed the forums to look for names I knew. Only saw a handful.

I wish the new engine would come out. Funcom should overhaul their sub fees and modernize itself to the mmo industry. I won't pay fees for ESO or many new mmos, let alone a 12 year old game that might get some shiny make up. Though I will consider fr00bing it up.

Anyhow, for you on this forum, was there ever a community preservation attempt?

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Re: Thoughts on AO

Post by Silvana » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:35 am

The community is actually one of the things that has remained strongest in AO :)

Otherwise I highly doubt it would still be around, coming up on 13 years now. It's a close group in many ways, unless you only read the official forum, where it seems everyone wants to murder the rest.

Gleedaniel13

Post by Gleedaniel13 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:07 am

So I have kept in contact with some AOers from way back when I played.

Played from beginning to around 2004.

I believe AO is the best MMO I ever played. Mainly because of the character development. It was always fun when bored of grinding XP on high level toons to roll lowbies and twink the hell out of them. My friend TheMaryjane or XxxMaryJane or Jessica was insanely good at it.

Seen that Funcom has been working (as slow as they do) on a new engine and have that temptation. Downloaded the game last night. After playing GW2 for the last few years, the game sure is ugly. I even died 2x on newbie island because I have no clue how to play AO.

Browsed the forums to look for names I knew. Only saw a handful.
It has been a good pleasure when we do some AO stuff here to avoid bored moments. :)

hello_kitty

Post by hello_kitty » Wed May 14, 2014 1:20 pm

Yes it's good game with great characters. I wonder where they get the ideas for character development.

Gleedaniel13

Post by Gleedaniel13 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:34 pm

Yes it's good game with great characters. I wonder where they get the ideas for character development.
You cannot underestimate the capacity of every people in this World. :)