Maps??

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Eveali

Maps??

Post by Eveali » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:45 am

I have been away from AO for a couple years and had uninstalled the game from my system. I am back again now starting from scratch and I remember there being a map that I downloaded and installed which was much better than the game map.. I cant seem to remember where I got it from or if it even exists anymore. Does anyone know where I may find a map I can download ?? Thanks!
MP Nanomage-Omni

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Re: Maps??

Post by Silvana » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:48 am

If you check the Downloads link in the navigation bar (on the left) then select Maps, they are in there.

Eveali

Post by Eveali » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:55 am

Thank you Silvana! :)
MP Nanomage-Omni

Gleedaniel13

Post by Gleedaniel13 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:24 pm

If you check the Downloads link in the navigation bar (on the left) then select Maps, they are in there.
Exactly. I am finding it difficult to find the maps before only to find out it is just in a download links.

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:05 am

I've download the maps and installed them, but I don't have them available to select in the game.

I followed the read me instructions, at least I'm sure I did verbatim , I dunno maybe I have some reading disorder that recently revealed itself :roll: :P

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:21 am

Make sure you are putting them in the proper location in your install folder, replacing mapname with a folder named for the map which is where the files will go.

cd_image\textures\PlanetMap\mapname\

eg for adding AoRK as a map:
cd_image\textures\PlanetMap\AoRK\

You can then use the I on the map window in the game to change it.

If you still can't use them and you are using an old installation of AO (installed prior to June 2012) you need to install a clean gui from HERE.

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:36 pm

THANKS .. I reinstalled again, everything in the right location, still nothing to select.
then went to the link you posted, did the 18.4.15, logged back into game .. still no maps to select from
logged out, then did the 18.5.0 Clean GUI
still no change.

if I was to guess, it's like there is another AO folder, hidden from me, and I'm doing all the right actions, just not in the right folder :? , I know it's not, but it seems to have that appearance

well it's time for me to get some rest, I'll look more into it tomorrow

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:43 pm

Depending on your Windows version, if you have AO in Program Files, there may be access restrictions.

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:39 am

Silvana wrote:Depending on your Windows version, if you have AO in Program Files, there may be access restrictions.
yes AO is in my program files, first thing I tried was launch from the launcher icon in there, game updated patches . . many of them :shock:
but was getting a error at launching the game something about fonts tooltip9

then I noticed another Funcom folder, not in Program files. but this one it only has a few folders in it, and happens to be in there the folder I would need to had installed the maps in, so I placed the maps in that one
and now I have them to select :top:

so there was 2 folders :?

thanks for helping me figure it out

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:30 pm

There is now another part of AO that's usually kept in a hidden file route, however, my maps folder is still in my main instalation... So long as it works I suppose... :top:
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:38 pm

It seems to be a thing depending on how long ago your main install was, I think. So it will either work in the install directory, or through the users\<name>\app data\local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\<random number> directory. One folder in there if you just have the main install, two if you have testlive as well. I'm not sure of the specifics on the later one since mine works using the main install directory.

bitnykk

Post by bitnykk » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:23 pm

About this, i'm on the (tedious) work to make a new release based on Onack's AoSL with latest 2015 additions made to AO. At the same time, Saavick's preparing a new release based on AoRK with the same goals. We'll let AO (hence AOU) community aware ASAP ;)

bitnykk

Post by bitnykk » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:22 pm

Final map now in beta ... week of testing and release very soon ;)

bitnykk

Post by bitnykk » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:59 pm

Saavick asked me to update his link on DL > maps section, so this is done. Go get his latest work ;)

Khuri
AOU Programmer/Coder

Post by Khuri » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:10 am

Good job! :top: