Account type question

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Izamal

Account type question

Post by Izamal » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:39 pm

Sorry if this has been beat to death but I have a question about account type and I need to ask since Funcom's account page has to be the most confusing thing I've seen regarding account management.

So the question is, can you no longer create a new account and have SL expansion only for $5 a month? My older account that was doing that can still do it but I see no options for a new account to do it. the only $5 option I can find is to get the mail system.

Thanks.

Mawerick

Re: Account type question

Post by Mawerick » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:36 am

No, you can no longer create a new SL-only account.
That option was removed a while ago, as it wasn't really working as they hoped (too few upgrading to full accounts, I guess).

Gleedaniel13

Post by Gleedaniel13 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:08 am

No, you can no longer create a new SL-only account.
That option was removed a while ago, as it wasn't really working as they hoped (too few upgrading to full accounts, I guess).
So, what you are trying to say here is that we should have also to upgrade to new accounts?

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:29 pm

Accounts that are currently on the sl00b package can stay like that, all new paid accounts must be full ones.
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!