Omni Technical Library- nerf?

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Treeslayer

Omni Technical Library- nerf?

Post by Treeslayer » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:32 am

I have a few toons with this library installed (utils 1). Great buff for tradeskilling

http://www.xyphos.com/ao/aodb.php?id=248377

Trouble is- seems that the "omni only" requirement has crept in. I accidentally unequipped from non-omni toon and 'lo-and-behold' could not re-install.

Wonder if some kind of hack such as used on grafts could be useful to be able to install this jewel of a device back into non-omni?
help a n00b- they give life to the game

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Re: Omni Technical Library- nerf?

Post by Silvana » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:56 am

You have to be Omni now, yes. It was a ninja change in the 18.5 patch. Something in the new user experience that's coming uses the hacking process in a starting mission, possibly to explain how hacking works.

When you hack it, it becomes open to the other factions. Just do it like normal with a hacker tool.

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:05 am

I also went ahead and made note of this in the ICC Shuttleport Island guide :)

Treeslayer

Post by Treeslayer » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:48 am

Thaks "Sil," this had frustrated me a bit as I acciden taly 'unloaded' it from a Clan engineer (old, been waiting for a long time to play him). The update that hacking opens it up also makes very good story-line sense.

Besides the above <blush>, I have a few for sale and the sales had slowed :roll:
help a n00b- they give life to the game