Desert Rider and Nomads Info

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Akuta

Desert Rider and Nomads Info

Post by Akuta » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:36 pm

I have searched here and the official forums, and can only find snatches of information about the Desert Rider and the desert nomads that come out during anniversary celebrations. The Desert Rider is mentioned in the anniversary email they sent to account holders, but I have only seen the nomads alluded to in some official forum posts.

The nomads sound like what they did with pumpkinheads during Halloween, but the Desert Rider is a big question mark to me.

What are these all about, who, what when where, etc.? Please tell what you can or point me to a good source.

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Re: Desert Rider and Nomads Info

Post by Silvana » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:14 pm

From what I've heard, the nomads are not present this year. These are repeats from the last anniversary and the content has been changed a bit. Last year you had to farm parts from the nomads (5000 parts) and turn them in to spawn the rider. Now the rider spawns on a timer, or manually. I haven't seen enough evidence to say one way or the other.

It seems the new items only drop from the rider, and getting in on a kill group is next to impossible as 220's are farming it for alts. You'll have better luck towards the end of the celebration if you want any of the drops.

You can see threads on the official forum where people talk about how many Clio's and such they got last year.. it's because people with high level toons farmed the stuff for their alts and most people didn't get in on it. They tried to repair this towards the end, lowering the item requirement and spawning the rider at random, but it's still a high level player event. The lower levels seem to have been left out this year unless they're planning to release something else before the 8th.

This isn't to say you can't get the items with a low level, but you'll need a lot of luck on your side, and to catch the rider at a time when there aren't a ton of 220's camping and waiting.

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:04 am

I went to a Desert Rider raid today.

The rider drops all the really good stuff. I never got to loot, so I can only assume the rider loot is the same as last year: Vacuum-sealed QL 300 Nomad armor and Yalmaha Clio. However, the Desert Rider spawns lots of exploding nomad fanatics. They are easy to kill and need to be killed quickly because like IS fanatics, if you wait too long they explode with a huge AoE nuke. The nomad fanatics drop action figures (including this year's beast action figure), the visor, the painting, various other previously seen social gear, half eaten birthday cake, and the new captain anarchy suit (includes mask, suit, and shield).

If the above is true, then this year there will be no nomad armor in lower QLs and Miir handbags (which dropped off the wandering desert nomads).

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:17 am

The nomads dropped a ton of stuff. The red, orange, and pink suits, the rainbow afro wig, a costume set that I haven't opened to see what it actually was, the rollerrat in a cage, leet pinata, action figures, paintings, eye patch... all kinds of things. They've said they didn't want to divert efforts from the many other projects going on, but I think they should have done just that. Give something to people for them to be happy and excited about with all of this negativity that's happening right now with the patch, and they'll be more forgiving.

I think this anniversary might have done more harm than good.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:40 pm

The captain Anarchy suit appears to be missing boots, pants, gloves and sleeves, none of these show on my characters...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Luckystriker

Post by Luckystriker » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:03 pm

Snakebite wrote:The captain Anarchy suit appears to be missing boots, pants, gloves and sleeves, none of these show on my characters...
Take of the armor you have in social on legs, feet, sleeves and gloves and you should see the full set

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:34 pm

Among the new items for the 18.5 patch, I've only seen the Play Suit - Fourth Edition, Beast action figure, and the Captain Anarchy suit on the fanatic desert nomads.

[By new items, I'm referring to those items that are new as of this patch, which can be discovered by going to Xyphos' database site and doing an item search on "new items" "current patch".]

I know that the slew of T-Shirts most likely can only be obtained via a giveaway from an ARK or GM. I also know the new Phasefront vehicle and Pinetti suit are in the item store.

There are, however, "The Bulk" and "The Style" that I haven't seen anywhere. (I would assume there was some way to get "The Bulk", as it would totally fit in with the Captain Anarchy theme of this year's birthday.) Also I've seen some people carrying around the broken lamp post, which I would have assumed goes with "The Bulk". I don't know where they looted the lamp post.

Has anyone seen any of the *other* new items or know where to get them? Are they in the item store and I just haven't managed to browse my way to them yet? Does the desert rider drop them, hence I haven't been able to see the loot yet? etc..

Just wondering.

Silk

Post by Silk » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:15 pm

anyone know where I can get the beast action figure ?
iRaid Super Admin

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:35 am

It must drop from the fanatics. As far as I know, the only drops on the Rider are the Clio and the armor pack.

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:37 am

Silvana wrote:It must drop from the fanatics. As far as I know, the only drops on the Rider are the Clio and the armor pack.
Yes, I can confirm that Beast action figure is off fanatics.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:07 pm

Luckystriker wrote:
Snakebite wrote:The captain Anarchy suit appears to be missing boots, pants, gloves and sleeves, none of these show on my characters...
Take of the armor you have in social on legs, feet, sleeves and gloves and you should see the full set
Yeah, figured that one out eventually lol.

The lamp post drops off the adds.

Is there any way this year to get lower QL armor?
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:16 pm

Nope :(

They do seem to have added a few of the items from the nomads to the fanatics, but not the armor. I've seen the rainbow wig, heckler shirt, and a few other things drop from them that were on the nomads last year. There are more than enough fanatics that anyone can get the new items very easily. I happened to log in right after a raid happened, people were crowded around the rider, and there were probably 40 fanatic corpses with 6-12 items each. Mostly the visors and action figures, but I know I got everything new after a few searches and no one else was bothering to loot the fanatics.

The rider... people were holding open the corpse until it disappeared so that no one else could get anything left on it and/or deleting items. So good luck on that.