How the Funcom staff threat there customers

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Ironmax

How the Funcom staff threat there customers

Post by Ironmax » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:44 pm

I just want people to know, does who play AO or does who thinking of playing AO, some of there
attitude to paying customers.

Some of the AO staff, mainly the Forum moderators, use personal subjective decisions
to control there forum to there own personal likings, they state that they dont have
rules or guidelines when it comes to customer handling.

Here is a prof from Kintai from a PM, after they found a normal forum Thread, not to there likings.
This is the copypast from the PM after i asked in a constructive way
what was the reason for closeing this Thread, that was clearly not against any Forum rules i seen.

The forum Thread was about the new GMS interface, and was in the Test server section,
the content of the Thread is probably edit out to there likings by now.

So yes - This was a subjective call made by us to close a specific thread. You will not find any rules posting regarding this save the blanket rule that if we decide a topic does not need to be discussed further then we can and will close said topic.

Thank you for your continued interest in Funcom products. Have a nice day. =)
If some of the AO staff find a person of there dislike, they abouse there moderation
or administrator power to remove that person or to ban his account, to much private
subjective interference for my likings.

This is not Anarchy..

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Re: How the Funcom staff threat there customers

Post by Silvana » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:24 pm

I personally haven't seen the majority of what you've brought up happen. I've been playing since the original beta and not once have I seen them act in the manner you describe.

This is not to say your point of view isn't valid, you just failed to include any evidence to support your claims.

I certainly think Kintaii was in the right to close the thread since there was already one about the subject. It makes more sense to keep everything in a singular thread so that ideas/suggestions/feedback aren't spread out. Also the fact it is still on Test Live means that the GMI will still change and it isn't fair to pass judgement on something that isn't finished. That's the whole point of Test Live, to test things and then change them according to the test results if something isn't working properly.

As I said, your POV isn't being discarded, I just believe you need more facts before making such bold accusations.

tyrence

Post by tyrence » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:41 pm

Ironmax, your experience with AO reflects my experience with AO as well, both in the forums as well as in the game. I could write page after page of instances that have happened to me personally or that I have heard about involving other people where a ARK/GM/Funcom employee abused their position and pushed their own agenda. The people that haven't have seen this have been lucky enough to not have to deal with it or haven't cared enough to notice.

Silvana, the BEST time to talk about it is before it hits live. Also, in regards to the facts you request...what you are really asking for is evidence. Unfortunately, in a lot of cases FC hides the evidence and there is no way to prove what happened. If FC was open about the things they did we could prove a lot of it, but they aren't open. However, that doesn't mean that it didn't happen, it just means that it can't be proven. This is by design.

Ironmax

Post by Ironmax » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:08 pm

tyrence wrote:Ironmax, your experience with AO reflects my experience with AO as well, both in the forums as well as in the game. I could write page after page of instances that have happened to me personally or that I have heard about involving other people where a ARK/GM/Funcom employee abused their position and pushed their own agenda. The people that haven't have seen this have been lucky enough to not have to deal with it or haven't cared enough to notice.

Silvana, the BEST time to talk about it is before it hits live. Also, in regards to the facts you request...what you are really asking for is evidence. Unfortunately, in a lot of cases FC hides the evidence and there is no way to prove what happened. If FC was open about the things they did we could prove a lot of it, but they aren't open. However, that doesn't mean that it didn't happen, it just means that it can't be proven. This is by design.
Its sad but good to hear that i am not the only one with this experice. I also had issue with my whole City was stolen
and one of my char was take over with, stolen over 1bill credits. And i never give any account info to any one.
<comment removed> The GM/ARK said there was nothing they cud do to retrive
my items or credits. And they said i had to give them Credit card info, witch i did, and they said it was invalid.
My credit card has been used on my account for a very long time, and is not invalid at all (else i cudent pay for the account). Very very fishy things going on here..

btw i want to say at the same time, that i love this webpage Ao-universe always been my nr.1 source for many things:) Really like the new design, very professional (and i say this from a web dev. point of view) :)
Last edited by Silvana on Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Comment removed for factless slander on a community member

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm

Right, I came to this late, which is my fault.

First:.......I'm locking this thread. I'm not going to remove it as that will just cause confusion.
Second:...I do NOT expect there to be any other threads opened on the same (or similar) topics.
Third:......AOU is NOT a free forum for Funcoms disatisfied customers to complain on. We are a guide and news site...
Fourth:....Yes, sure, no company is perfect, Funcom isn't, we're not, the general public isn't. However, I manage to keep my personal problems with Funcom out of the public eye, and I'd apreciate that everyone else does too.

Bottom line is, if you have a problem with Funcom, talk to THEM, talking to US won't solve anything. Sorry.
Thank You
Snakebite.
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:36 pm

I also found it offensive that in all the time you've been playing, all the time AOU has been active, you have not bothered to register on our Forums, but I assume have used our freely posted and checked guides on an almost daily basis.
THEN when you wish to Post disparaging remarks about Funcom and their practices, THEN you make an account on our Site... TWO posts from you, and both on this thread. I'm not amused...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!