Stoopid Pet, Now I'm flagged

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

xaatxuun

Stoopid Pet, Now I'm flagged

Post by xaatxuun » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:15 pm

Okay, it not like I don't like PvP, but I on a satellite connection so there is a huge latency, I wouldn't know I was being shot at till after I was dead. So I just strictly PvE

Any ways my question is, is the flagging Real time or Game time ?

I really don't want to be running around being flagged and someone into PvP thinking I would enjoy it (normally I would , but not on a Sat connection).
Silly pet attacked a Tower, and I could not stop it, but just run away fast and hoped the pet would follow before fully destroying the tower.

Morgo
AOU Content Editor

Re: Stoopid Pet, Now I'm flagged

Post by Morgo » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:23 pm

The duration of a flag is in real time, as long you are logged on the flag will gradually over time disappear. A good tip is to turn off auto attack and do /pet follow means will not engage in combat unless you are attacked and response on auto attack or you ask the pet to attack.
Veteran Dark "Morgo" Padawan :: Devil Inside :: EnforcerImage

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:57 pm

was afraid of that, Think I'll just go to a mission terminal and load up on a bunch of missions to occupy my time while the timer ticks away. I only dual log for buffs if no friends are on, so doing a dual log and sitting in the apartment wasn't too appealing for me

Yeah I need to go back to the beginning and learn the commands again :oops: , was pretty sure I never have auto attack running, I just think my pet malfunction, maybe got some sand inside of it and short circuited and went into some terminator mode :?

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:35 pm

When entering a tower field, keep an eye in the middle of your screen, you get messages that flash up there telling you about gas percentages. If you get a message saying 25% or lower then you can come under attack from the towers.
Your pet attacked the tower because either it (self defence) or you (/pet guard) came under attack from an active tower and triggered it.

If your Org doesn't have towers, then you're looking at a 4hr flag, if they do then it's shorter, but in attacking a tower you opened your Orgs towers to attack for 1 hour.
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!