I want to start the lore

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Sentinent

I want to start the lore

Post by Sentinent » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:26 pm

Hey, just came back to AO a few weeks ago and I've re-subbed my sloob account. I was wanting to get into the lore and story of AO, but I don't know where to start. I want to find all the quests on RK and SL and read as much as possible. Good for RP :).

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Re: I want to start the lore

Post by Silvana » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:36 am

In SL that's easy. The progression quests take you through every zone and you learn about everything from various Yuttos. You also learn some (not nearly as much) doing the garden/sanctuary key quests. For RK I'm not sure which quests give that kind of information. I don't particularly remember learning any of the lore from quests. I had read Prophet Without Honor to learn pretty much everything about the basis for the game and watched the animated episodes on the site.

Sentinent

Post by Sentinent » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:22 am

thanks! just googled Prophet Without Honor and what i found was awesome. That's quite a read, looking forward to it.
That will go well; playing ao, and having a read. Is it any good? :P

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:33 am

I think it's very good. It has to do with more of the modern day beginnings of the whole deal and how things went to get them from Earth to Rubi Ka. It does work in a few things that have to do with SL, though I don't imagine at the time it was written, that SL was thought of.

Sentinent

Post by Sentinent » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:39 am

Ill be giving it a read later on today, sounds good. glad to be back to AO, the new ao-universe is looking awesome too :D