Clicksaver doesn't find some items

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Kaivanto

Clicksaver doesn't find some items

Post by Kaivanto » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:09 pm

Hey,

I'm using clicksaver 2.3.5 and I'm having some problems when rolling for items. I have a habit of rolling multiple missions at one sitting and adjusting my sliders whenever the mission terminal doesn't give me enough find item or return item missions. However, i noticed that clicksaver doesn't register some items that you need to find on those missions.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is it that clicksaver doesn't simply recognize some mission descriptions or is there some other problem? It's not really a game breaking issue, but it is still an annoyance.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:12 pm

You'll have to give us a bit more information Kaivanto, which specific items won't it search for?
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Kaivanto

Post by Kaivanto » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:46 pm

It doesn't seem to be any spesific item that it can't find, rather than clicksaver won't register the item that you need to find in that mission. All I can really do is to give you steps on how to get those missions and hope that's enough, so here I go.

First roll I'll do is with the sliders at full bad and full credit, and all others at the middle. This gives me 3 find item missions, one return item and one repair item mission. I'll take one find item mission and continue on.

After I accepted that first mission, the mission types will change. Now I'll adjust the sliders so that I'll get 3 return item, one find person and one find item mission. Using clicksaver, I set good/bad slider to 75 and keep all the other settings the same.

On the third roll, I'll encounter the problem. Yet again, I'll readjust the sliders to get optimal missions, and this time the sliders are good/bad at 90 and credit/xp at 20. This gives me 3 return item missions, one find item mission and one repair mission. Now I'll notice that the first two return item missions on the list won't show any item for me to find on clicksaver, even thought they show up in the ingame description.

All the items that don't show up are just normal loot (armor, nanos, weapons etc.) that clicksaver should find. It looks to me like there are certain types of mission descriptions that clicksaver is unfamiliar with and therefore doesn't pick up on those items.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:29 am

Easiest way for me to do this is tell you what I do and see if you're missing something.

1/ Missions Tab: Select 'Maximum tries' 10000. (1000 will do)

2/ Items Tab: Select 'Match in Buying Agent' and 'Highlight Matches'

3/ Locations Tab: If you limit your Locations, you limit your chance of finding something, select 'Highlight Matches'.

4/ Type Tab: If you limit your Mission Types, you limit your chance of finding something, select 'All missions' and 'Highlight Matches'.

5/ Values Tab: I have no idea what this tab is for, I'm clan so I have mine set to '4' which is clan... That's all...

6/ Sliders Tab: From what I can tell, the sliders are mainly for the type of mob you find in the missions, I've had very little difference with scoring hits by changing these, I've just found one I like and stick with it.

7/ LDB Tab: I've never touched this tab...

8/ Options Tab: Select 'Select match', 'Sounds', 'Show buying agent help'

The really big thing with clicksaver is that you have to add the name of the item you're searching for EXACTLY! I cannot stress this too much, the name has to be EXACT to what's in the database...

So if the item you're looking for is called:
Nano Crystal (Preeminent Health Haggler)
then adding
Preeminent Health Haggler
or
Nano Crystal (Pre-eminent Health Haggler)
or
Nano Crystal Preeminent Health Haggler
will get you NOWHERE at all.

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:25 am

I just wonder if he's using a really old version.

Kaivanto

Post by Kaivanto » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:27 am

Hey,

thanks for your answer, but I did already know all that you listed there.

I decided to take a screen shot to illustrate better what I mean when I say clicksaver doesn't find some items

http://imageshack.us/f/715/clicksaver.jpg/

As you can see from the description, I need to find a Nano Crystal (Radiation Shield) from that mission. However, on clicksaver, it doesn't show up on the "Find" box at all (first one from the top). Therefore it doesn't matter if I make sure that my item is typed correctly because if it doesn't show up at all, then clicksaver just can't find it.

Also, like I said in my original post, I'm using clicsaver version 2.3.5, which is available from this website.

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:14 pm

I'll help check in to it :)

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:03 pm

Hmmm, I'm currently using v3.0.0...

Try doing a run for Concrete Cushion at any level over 10, see what you get...

tgjensen

Post by tgjensen » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:59 pm

Snakebite wrote:The really big thing with clicksaver is that you have to add the name of the item you're searching for EXACTLY! I cannot stress this too much, the name has to be EXACT to what's in the database...

So if the item you're looking for is called:
Nano Crystal (Preeminent Health Haggler)
then adding
Preeminent Health Haggler
or
Nano Crystal (Pre-eminent Health Haggler)
or
Nano Crystal Preeminent Health Haggler
will get you NOWHERE at all.
While introducing mis-spells will indeed get you nowhere, it is certainly not true that Clicksaver cannot find you items with a partial name. In your example, Preeminent Health Haggler would work just fine, just as Health Haggler or Preeminent Health would. You do run the risk of finding other items that also match a partial name, but otherwise it works fine. I barely ever bother typing in the full name and have no problems finding what I'm after.

enlo

Re: Clicksaver doesn't find some items

Post by enlo » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:04 pm

If you ask me the problem is in your slider settings
I think clicksaver wont ever find "return items", at least not if the match is in the item to find (it works with the reward though).
The reason might be that the item name is only listed in the description text and not as actual item reference

EDIT:
Ok that's actually not true. It does not always work.
It's not really a suprise though, I mean how should clicksaver know what the item name is (to show it in the list) if the return-item is only mentioned in the description text! It would CS require to have all possible text versions or some heavy intelligence.
Of course it could do a full-text search and at least notify you. I suspect CS only checks the fields it's displaying on the GUI and not the complete text.
Just dont roll return-item-missions, it's stupid anyway :)

EDIT 2:
You could have read the clicksaver release notes :)
Notes to ClickSaver 2.4.1 beta3 - 5 Nov 2006

Fixed a problem with the "Set Sliders" function moving the sliders a bit more to the left than they should, especially for the settings 10, 20 30 and 40%. This was affecting mostly the "Easy/Hard" slider and the mission QLs.
Parsed the item-to-find in 13 previously unparsed find-item/return-item mission types. If you've noticed that ClickSaver sometimes wouldn't show an item in the "Find:" field of a find-item/return-item mission, it's because it couldn't extract the item from the mission description. I'll be adding more unparsed missions types as I discover them.
there you go. Some new mission types are simply not implemented.

Yani

Re: Clicksaver doesn't find some items

Post by Yani » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:22 pm

I had some situations, when couldn't find item, but then there is naming problems, where -name would mean, that Clicksaver(v3) wouldn 't find anything with that name - quotation marks around all name solve this problem easily.

Usually nanos can be found at nano QL +/- 10 range. That is actually the main rule.
There are some exceptions, like some nanos can't be found at that range, but earlier only - not so many - I have counted 5 so far. There is one nano, that can be found at QL 120 exactly only(all info according to arpa3.net nanoinfo). I wouldn't worry about nanos - the hardest so far for me to find were parry sticks(all QLs)... not once had to left PC turned on until morning, just to get it after of many thousand tries. I don't use less than 3000 tries for that reason. 1000 is very small rolling range. Concrete cushions my record was clicksaver rolling for 1 click. It is easy to find(anything from 300-600 tries is easy): http://arpa3.net/ao/rollability.html?cs ... %20cushion

If in doubt about misspelling, etc, Clicksaver has really great option- button, that is labelled "Rollability Check". Shows all QLs of rollable item and average chance to roll.

I don't think, that slider settings(apart from mission QL) change anything in finding mission. You can decide, if you want to find mission with XP or creds as reward, because blitzers do not care about xp, but items and creds(if xp was what we are after, there are always less time consuming solutions, than roll a mission) and apparently there are not so many blitzers who would like to get a mission, where you have to return item, or even worse with many closed doors or hidden places, that you can't acces.
Chance to roll item is solely related to AO game mechanics and all you can do is pray to RANDOM and hope for pure luck and in my experience you can find item with any slider configuration - all that matters to find item as mission item is mission QL only. I am sometimes changing mission slider(or just leave in neutral) to get different monsters, that's all.
It would be interesting, though, that arpa.net showed additional data on mission settings, to clear this mysticism, but I doubt that there are some missions, where roll chance differs by noticeable multitude. To make a picture complete you have to imagine all rollable items with that mission QL and each of them has some chance to be rolled. AO mission engine does it by using RANDOM number generator and if you are very lucky, you can roll item even after 1 click. Using Clicksaver is the same thing, as rolling dice with 1000 sides and hope to roll one particular number within your defined roll numbers(mine as I said is 3000 - usually it takes 300-600 per item).