Christmas drops.

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

xyz123abc

Christmas drops.

Post by xyz123abc » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:24 pm

Hi.. Is it against the counterspoiling measures to make a list of loot from the christmas event?

The alien kicking mission has at least two independent cooldown times. I can't do them one after the other like I did those during Halloween. On top of that, the playfield is shared, and I find I can't enter it often.

So far i have found:

Fake beard (replica)
Snow blower
Elfleet helper nanocrystal
Zix-in-a-box nanocrystal
*A thong whose name I can't remember* (All my toons are male, AND it is nodrop ;) )

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:35 pm

Not against any rules since most of it was posted officially before the patch even came in, on the preview page ;)

As far as I can tell there's just a 10 minute cool down after you kill the boss and leave the instance via Santa Leet, before you are able to speak with one of the leets at the trees to get the mission to investigate the work shop again. Without that mission, you can't enter the instance.

Also, once you pick one of the "mini-game" rooms, you can't change your mind.

However, yes, the area can get filled too much and you can't enter. It's very similar to what happened at the anniversary when too many people would attack the desert rider and heaps of people would get summoned away from the group repeatedly. At least this one just flat out says no instead of letting you in and then "just kidding! *zap*"

;)

xyz123abc

Post by xyz123abc » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:48 am

Oh, i just have to lookup for posts about beta , Grand :D

Well, that about the cooldown placeholder mission. But after I came back to the workshop (with yet another assigment), it kept telling me i had to wait 5 minutes AND NO LESS (it was red text rather than capped text) It seems it was reset everytime i asked it... so I just leave for an hour or so after "raiding" the workshop.

This is for sure a design. Random leets don't appear saying meaningful words due to bugs :roll:

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:02 pm

For what it's worth, it's possible to use Beacon Warp to warp someone else into the instance you're in, I'm not sure how much use this is as of course only engis can do it... :?
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Tazerman

Post by Tazerman » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:46 pm

Engies FTW! :-)
Tazerman 200/00

xyz123abc

Post by xyz123abc » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:30 am

IMA engine :D

Well, you can show other players (players who are not as hardcore as us) how to do it... or for bragging purposes. Or for sharing loot.

The limitation is that only the engineer's mission is consumed in the process :roll:

Still looking for a list of loot :( Yeah, i am hopeless

Tazerman

Post by Tazerman » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:13 am

xyz123abc wrote:IMA engine :D

Well, you can show other players (players who are not as hardcore as us) how to do it... or for bragging purposes. Or for sharing loot.

The limitation is that only the engineer's mission is consumed in the process :roll:

Still looking for a list of loot :( Yeah, i am hopeless

Took me awhile to find a list too even though my pc is dead... So until then touchpad I guess :'( http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... p?t=595945 :D
Tazerman 200/00

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:53 am

Looks like almost everything you can get as a reward from the missions, you can get from the leets out in the world. A lot easier too, that's for sure. Also looks like mostly recycled items from years past. That's good since a lot of people never had the chance to get them (some of the stuff on there hasn't dropped in about 5 years or more).

Time for some leet hunting :)

Tazerman

Post by Tazerman » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:53 am

I know I really want back on I should be getting the pc tomorrow ;-) if AO will be installed tomorrow I doubt it :'(
Tazerman 200/00

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:36 pm

Actually, a lot of the 'recycled' items aren't actually recycled, many of them have (replica) behind their name, which the originals didn't have...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Tazerman

Post by Tazerman » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:00 pm

Snakebite wrote:Actually, a lot of the 'recycled' items aren't actually recycled, many of them have (replica) behind their name, which the originals didn't have...

I still don't see what's different from replica and none replica :\
Tazerman 200/00

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:32 pm

Tazerman wrote:
Snakebite wrote:Actually, a lot of the 'recycled' items aren't actually recycled, many of them have (replica) behind their name, which the originals didn't have...

I still don't see what's different from replica and none replica :\
No difference. Just bragging rights to say you got it first. That's why they are still just recycled ;) But as I said, that's not a bad thing.

Tazerman

Post by Tazerman » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:13 pm

any1 know how long the stuff will be out?.
Tazerman 200/00