how to make money as a doctor help!!

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

LoveElixir

how to make money as a doctor help!!

Post by LoveElixir » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:00 am

Hello every1!

i was just wondering if anyone could tell me a good way to make money im a lvl 105 doctor with all the expansions and im currently having a hard time trying to make some money, any advices are welcome!!!

I really need help with this please! :cry:

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:41 am

Assuming you're not IP'd to do anything combat oriented, hang out at certain places like the Trade grid entrance (or Borealis, not sure the Clan one) and offer CI and other HoT's.

Sadly, doctors aren't of much use outside of teams unless you are an aggressive doc that can do DoT's, which most drop for their healing.

LoveElixir

Post by LoveElixir » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:00 pm

Selling HoTs? well i didnt know ppl paid for HoTs... i was actually thinking bout gettings tips from Iron Circle and SFA not sure if that will be good enough and why do you say i have to sacrifice my heals if i want to have strong DoTs? i have my Nano and Aiding maxed and still have lots of points to spare not to mention i have pistol maxed as well for my lvl.

I was also thinking bout maxing pharmatech with my doctor so i can turn the monster parts into blood plasma but i dont know if its a good idea to invest ur IPs into pharmatech :(

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:07 am

Monster parts are good. I'm not exactly sure of the process for the new kits for using converted monster parts in making them. I haven't had a chance to mess with that yet.

And yes, IC is what I meant when I said CI, I should maybe read what I've written before sending it ;)

LoveElixir

Post by LoveElixir » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:48 pm

lol don't worry! ^_^ yeah i will try to get tips from IC and SFA, and i hope we can make the new kits with monster parts, i'm seriously thinking bout getting Pharmatech up so i can make High Quality blood plasma i just hope it sells for a good amount and i hope putting IPs into pharmatech is worth it even tho i have no idea what else can be done with pharmatech and if it will pay well in the future...

At least the skill looks green as a solitus doctor but i'm not sure, i hope it's worth it >< if you have any good ideas they are welcome, also i have spent IPs into Pistol and dual wielding as well as ranged init so yeah as a doctor i want to be able to cast all the best DoTs i can and at the same time do insane dmg with pistols :P

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:46 pm

I don't play my doc that often since the pistols I have on are just IP'd enough to be wearable as it's a soft pepper pistol and something else, both just for skill. I do have her pharma tech maxed and I swap parts to her regularly to get TS'd and it does make some good money since almost everything drops them.

The real problem is running out of bag space to keep all the parts on other toons ;)

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:30 pm

Warning: Creating blood plasma has risks...
Make sure that what you're converting actually IS a monster part, converting those body parts that you occasionally find and that you get implants out of will CONSUME your biocomm tool!!!
So doing that can wipe out any cash you just had in a replacement tool.
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Tazerman

Post by Tazerman » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:28 am

Ahh, I remember this time with my Engineer\billion other alts I think maybe it was less then a month ago I was sitting on 20m total couldn't aford much because of the high prices on stuff and I really wished I could have gotten some help but maybe a week or two later someone gave me a HH@B Inf boots and some other stuff and then I sold it and I have better items for my level now /new imps/engie pistol/yuttos for more ncu and stuff.. If you still need help /tell tazerman in-game and I'll see how I can help :)
Tazerman 200/00

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:32 am

Insanity. Unless I already had the inferno boots on every single toon, I couldn't bring myself to sell them with the junk you go through to get them.

Kiytan

Post by Kiytan » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:31 pm

Snakebite wrote:Warning: Creating blood plasma has risks...
Make sure that what you're converting actually IS a monster part, converting those body parts that you occasionally find and that you get implants out of will CONSUME your biocomm tool!!!
So doing that can wipe out any cash you just had in a replacement tool.
Thankfully they now have their own Icon, which makes it a much, much nicer thing to convert.

(also, I'd recommend getting an extra froob account and levelling a trader up to 25 to be able to sell them too the trader shop for better prices)

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:15 pm

Kiytan wrote:
Snakebite wrote:(also, I'd recommend getting an extra froob account and levelling a trader up to 25 to be able to sell them too the trader shop for better prices)
See now, I may be wrong, but although a lvl25 fr00b trader gives you access to the trader shop, I'm not sure how much of an advantage this gives you...
Is the trader going to be able to get more money than a level 220 normal char does in a standard terminal?
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:54 pm

You sell the items for 175% of their normal value at a regular shop, but when you factor in the comp lit bonus, there's no doubting having 1300 comp lit compared to 50 is going to make a huge difference in what you get paid. Depending on the item, you could be losing several hundred thousand credits by using a toon with low comp lit.

Kiytan

Post by Kiytan » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:17 pm

I was wondering about this, So I did a quick and by no means conclusive test, that got me the following values:

ql200 notum chip:
1008 comp lit: 16,750 || +23%
494 comp lit: 15,008 || +10%
96 comp lit: 13,534 ||Base Price

ql2 glow art:
1008 comp lit: 200 || +24%
494 comp lit: 179 || +11%
96 comp lit: 161 ||Base

ql1 blood plasma:
1008 comp lit: 62 || +24%
494 comp lit: 55 || +10%
96 comp lit: 50 || Base

(all the percentages are rounded down, as I presume they are ingame)

So as a rough estimate it would seem that about 50 comp lit gets you a 1% increase in prices.

Therefor you would need about 1100 comp. lit until you are getting more than the 25% extra you get from the trader shop (if memory serves).
Given that it's not likely to have that much comp lit @ 105 (or until 180 or so) You're still better off with the trader shop :)

xyz123abc

Post by xyz123abc » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:16 am

NUMBERS :D

ty for the insight: 50 for 1%

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:27 am

I suppose then it depends on if the trader shop gives the 175% return AND the comp lit bonus, or just the first. If it does both, my argument still stands lol