how to make money as a doctor help!!

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

xyz123abc

Post by xyz123abc » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:39 pm

Watch it crumble:

Comp lit buffs make a difference even in trader-only machines.

More credits into the game :twisted:

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:45 pm

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned this yet, but aside from getting super lucky and finding something truly rare and valuable on a RK Mission Boss or outdoor Dyna Boss, I've done this Basic Armor Quest (http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?sit ... nk=3&id=45) endlessly and sold complete sets for anywhere from 22M to 40+M credits each set.

The entire mission chain takes 1 to 2 hours to complete, but speeds up after you do it the first time. You only need to be able solo RK missions your own level and have some means of flying around RK. (You don't need to be able to fly, but without some faster way to get around, the quest line will take you a really long time.) And due to the way some of the quests are set up, its possible to "stack" a few of the missions and you can end up with 2 sets of basic armor for a minimal additional time investment (though you have to be careful, as I've stacked the gloves mission and ended up with the machine not giving me anything on one of the missions because I couldn't give it the codes it wanted).

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:25 pm

xyz123abc wrote:Watch it crumble:

Comp lit buffs make a difference even in trader-only machines.

More credits into the game :twisted:
Not sure how that makes it crumble, you just backed up my point ;)

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:31 pm

Llie wrote:I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned this yet, but aside from getting super lucky and finding something truly rare and valuable on a RK Mission Boss or outdoor Dyna Boss, I've done this Basic Armor Quest (http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?sit ... nk=3&id=45) endlessly and sold complete sets for anywhere from 22M to 40+M credits each set.

The entire mission chain takes 1 to 2 hours to complete, but speeds up after you do it the first time. You only need to be able solo RK missions your own level and have some means of flying around RK. (You don't need to be able to fly, but without some faster way to get around, the quest line will take you a really long time.) And due to the way some of the quests are set up, its possible to "stack" a few of the missions and you can end up with 2 sets of basic armor for a minimal additional time investment (though you have to be careful, as I've stacked the gloves mission and ended up with the machine not giving me anything on one of the missions because I couldn't give it the codes it wanted).
I haven't done this one since after they changed it. Originally it was very fast and took almost no effort. I do remember that people got annoyed when they found out some of the pieces could no longer be gained through the quest, but instead from the subway, and that they were level-locked out and thus out of luck with the last few pieces.

I'll have to give it a try on a froob and see how lucrative it ends up being ;)

xyz123abc

Post by xyz123abc » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:10 am

Now that you mention it... I have noticed some change here

I see almost no "WTB basic armor set", some "WTB xx part" and more "WTS basic armor set 20M". Of course, all this is episodic.

When somebody explained this to me one month ago, he was refering to his experience some months before that, and he did say the price for him had been 50M per set.

I haven't done this once... I know 20M will make a big difference for starters (only for starters >.<) By they time they can afford their yalmaha they will have spend many hours playing, so this might fit nicely for the new arrival's adventure and purse.

In one sentence: this might work. :roll:

xyz123abc

Post by xyz123abc » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:14 am

About the trader shop... It has been done before, and the link was not borken!

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showpo ... ostcount=9
Price = value * Y * (100+Z)/2500

Terminology:

Price - amount of credits that land in your pocket

Value - value of item as taken from database

Y - shop modifier

Z - Comp. liter modifier

Shop modifiers

Regular shop terminals&NPC --- Y=1
Training area teminal --- Y=1,05
Omni shop terminals --- Y=1,5
Trader shop terminal --- Y=1,75
Is it me, or according to that 1 CL is a 1% increase of the base price? (base price achieved at 0 CL)

Kiytan

Post by Kiytan » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:03 am

In that case, going by that formula:

presuming a lvl25 trader has about 200 comp lit (which is probably an underestimate) it would seem the crossover point is 920 Comp Lit.

which I'm guessing you'd hit at about 160-180, equipment and profession depending.

So as this was for a 105 doctor, my advice still stands, roll a froob trader ;)

MATHS:

200 Comp Lit + trader shop:

1427583 * 1.75 * ((100 + 5)/2500)
Total: 104,927

920 Comp Lit + Omni*:
1427583 * 1.5 * ((100 + 23)/2500)
Total = 105,355

* Miir shops buy at omni prices, so everyone can sell at that.
The item that's being sold is a ql200 enhanced battle suit. Not that it matters.

Antimony

Post by Antimony » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:40 am

My neutral level 20 Agent has 107 Complit without any complit equipment, buffs or implants.

A level 25 Trader has considerably more with Frequent customer (+55), expertise (+20), implants and trader armor (both ofab and barter give CL bonus).

I'm sure I could break 250 CL without twinking.