Guidelines for Submission of Guides or Articles

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Guidelines for Submission of Guides or Articles

Post by Windguaerd » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:16 pm

Yes, after doing a few myself I figured a practical and fairly straightforward rules to make it

easier to accept content and put it up asap.

1) Spell check your guide/article.

2) Be sure coordinates are accurate in guides, this means you got to check it yourself and not based on another guides.

3) Images should NOT be in PNG. Convert them to JPG please. Any images of items please go to Anarchy Mainframe http://aodb.info/index.asp and grab the gif from the database itself, do not rename it or change it from it's original gif format.

4) When taking screenshots be sure to get a NICE close-up of any mob you're including. You must get the mob from head to toe (including his name over his head). When taking screenshots of an area you wish to include, close all windows and turn the interface (GUI) off, you can do this by pressing shift+pipe key "\" or through the in-game options by pressing F10. Also have your resolution as high as possible so we can add the best quality images.

5) Give credit to sources. If you got the info from any forums take down the name of posters and which forums it was posted on, same goes for anyone who provides you with images for your guide.

6) Email the guide to me (windguaerd@ao-universe.com). If it includes images, please no more than 2MB per email, better to send in parts than have my email client hang.

7) Have fun and don't stress about what're your doing. That's my job.

I will thank team members and contributors in advance for helping AO Universe and the Community with the sharing of information to raise the knowledge of AO players.