Is there any Shopping alternative for fr00b, beside these?

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

xyz123abc

Is there any Shopping alternative for fr00b, beside these?

Post by xyz123abc » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:44 pm

Hey again. Sorry it is I again who posts :p

Myshop is down. Period.

What is next now?

Froobs can not use neither gms nor city shops. Fair enough. For the same reasons, froobs can't post in the ao official forums.

I got Mwbot, but that one only shows the last 30 posts, and not all items are saved. There are predefined cathegories and if there isn't a cathegory for your item, your offer will be lost after some minutes. Mwbot only works in one direction, too: people who offer items post and people who want items watch posts. You cant post WTB there (well, you can workaround that, but the platform doesnt straightforward support it)

There is also http://www.rubi-ka.com/market.php?type= ... =&server=1
This one is better in that it saves 1000 posts, not 30. Problem is that it doesnt filter posts for spam. So, if you spam the same post 1000 times, you will only see the same post

Finally, we have helpbot. This one can hold 25 items per player. But i can't find anyway of searching the posted items :/

Am I missing anything? What is the best choice for you, froob pal?

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

1upnate

you'll hate me for saying this...

Post by 1upnate » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:28 am

thats called smart planning by funcom. seeing as they are ultimately out to make money, they need to keep unpaying plays unhappy. that way, they will be more inclined to pay for the game. to them, free players mean nothing. they just hog up bandwidth. payed players are the ones they care about, so they make it so that paid players have an easier time and a better experience.

to answer your problem, the only solution i see is for someone to ingeniously create another myshop-like thing, or make their own trade forums somewhere on the web. i tried doing that once, but it never really took off.

i'd be willing to try agian, but i'd need more people on board, and more publicity. but yeah, thats the only hope i see for froobs anytime soon.

xyz123abc

Post by xyz123abc » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:16 pm

Well. I vote for the yes. I have been asked ingame about such a platform like five times since myshop went down :/ Just dont expect it to have massive usage, since the player base is not massive :o

Myshop had its defects, but I miss it a lot!

I wonder what happened to silentmeta and if he would allow somebody else to take over the code and host his own version of the shop.....

Krishina

Post by Krishina » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:42 pm

A stopgap measure, but if you ask nicely you can generally find someone willing to do a GMS search for you if you're after a specific item.
Krishina: Level 100 Engineer, RK2

Looking for a toe in the AO rp door.

Tonopa

Post by Tonopa » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:31 am

This shopping bot no longer works but is still worth posting the link, maybe someone will revive it.

http://aojunkyard.loftek.net/

Tazerman

Post by Tazerman » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:31 pm

really myshop is down period?
Tazerman 200/00

Silentmeta

Post by Silentmeta » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:24 am

WTF?

Myshop is down. Period. ????!!!

I go into hospital for an operation, and FC dumps MyShop..

Normally Budabot-based bots automatically reconnect, but in this instance, for some reason, none of the Myshop system on RK2 reconnected.

I've been on RK1 since coming out of hospital, and nobody contacted me to tell me RK2 MyShop was down...

Myshop is down. Period. .. Who the .... does the original poster think he is ?

I am Silentmeta. And I say RK2 Myshop is back up, thank-you-very-bloody-much. And it will stay up now I'm back at home to keep an eye on it...

Eli.
If your nose runs, and your feet smell.. you might be standing on your head.

xyz123abc

Welcome back!

Post by xyz123abc » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:07 pm

Oh, hi Eli!

Good to know you are alive and lively.

Well, yes, I had posted that on top, but I didn't mean harm :shock: . It happened a couple of weeks after myshop went offline without warning nor notice. (And there hasn't been any notice during all this time, we were scared! :oops: ) I just wanted to know alternatives, and curiously there werent many ^.^ During that time, I got asked by like ten people the same thing!

Welcome back. Get better soon <3 And ty ofc :D

BTW, are you in charge of
http://www.rubi-ka.com
too? it is down atm. Budabot was linked to it. It was a good marketwatch

Silentmeta

Post by Silentmeta » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:18 pm

That market-watch is run by someone else.. I think I have a contact route to them, I'll try to get hold of the code... No promises though.

Eli.
If your nose runs, and your feet smell.. you might be standing on your head.

Tazerman

Post by Tazerman » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:17 pm

w8 so is myshop down or was it just people saying stuff??
Tazerman 200/00

xyz123abc

Post by xyz123abc » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:19 pm

It was down for over a month. But it is back up now, Long live myshop ^.^

I dont know if it was a coincidence, but it happened after a couple of days during which some AO servers had problems, the zoning servers. Game was down for some hours in both days, I and a bunch of other people even started Atlantean toons :p for the lols. When I realized myshop didn't start again :(

That is how it happened to me...

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:56 am

The owner of MyShop was in hospital, when the servers went down it glitched and didn't restart, since he came back out of hospital he's restarted it.
All is good now.
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Tazerman

Post by Tazerman » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:18 am

ahh, k
Tazerman 200/00