Commander Jokasta of Cyborg Barracks

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Commander Jokasta of Cyborg Barracks

Post by Llie » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:38 pm

I rolled a new soldier and decided to get all equipped up, so after getting everything I needed from Steps of Madness, I worked my way to the bottom of Cyborg Barracks in Greater Tir County.

At the bottom, I found the Prototype Inferno, but according to the AO-Universe guide, Commander Jokasta spawns next to him. I killed him 4 times for my Hellspinner, but never once saw Commander Jokasta (not that I need anything from him). I'm just wondering if the Prototype Inferno is supposed to be his placeholder or if he's been moved to a different location or he got accidentally deleted from the dungeon by some recent patch.

Anyone know?

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:10 pm

The commander is a very long respawn but it can be up at the same time as the inferno.

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:49 pm

Thanks. Jokasta must have been killed when I was down last time. He was up last night. Thanks.

Tazerman

Post by Tazerman » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:18 am

did hellspinner drop?
Tazerman 200/00

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:55 am

a bit of necro, but yes. Hellspinner dropped on 4th kill.

Fun rifle fully froobably augmented along side the augmented Hellfury which I "hot" swap on my level 199 froob soldier. Very happy with their performance.

tgjensen

Post by tgjensen » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:27 pm

I camped Commander Jocasta for the Internal Anti-Matter Powerplant together with another (well, we sort of competed actually) some time ago. As I recall, we determined that Jocasta has a spawn time of 5 hours. So he can be pretty hard to catch.

As an aside, both of us got the Anti-Matter Powerplant after individually killing the Commander some 4-5 times each, suggesting a drop rate of around ~25 %, with a good deal of statistical uncertainty of course.

Another aside - if you do try to camp Jocasta, and you have a bunch of willing and able friends, trying to fill up GS1 to get to another easy Jocasta spawn in GS2 may be viable - I got into GS2 once, and from memory it certainly took less than 10 people in GS1 to spawn, maybe as few as 6-7.

Chopz

Re: Commander Jokasta of Cyborg Barracks

Post by Chopz » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:20 pm

GS changing :shock: Great info in this thread! :mrgreen:

tgjensen

Re: Commander Jokasta of Cyborg Barracks

Post by tgjensen » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:23 am

We did some testing today and managed to sneak a soldier into GS2 to kill Jocasta again. The results are a little fuzzy - either it's semi-random or there's a delay in how many people the game counts in a given GS, or some other phenomenon is at play - but the limit is somewhere between 5 and 7 characters before it spawns a new GS for Cyborg Barracks.