New player trying to decide server/side

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:40 am

Yeah, with the LFT window a lot of the hanging out in certain spots has gone away. You still sometimes find lower levels hanging out at Rome Blue, people around the shops and grid entrance in Borealis, grid in Trade, Alien Staging area, and by Ergo in Inferno. Still nothing compared to how it used to be but there's usually at least a few in each of those places ;) Not sure about clan specific spots.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:37 pm

Ljungen wrote:I have also started an Adventurer that I keep as a CC farmbot and I have started an Engineer so that I can craft armor (did it after asking in OOC for a couple of hours for someone that can craft).
Engi is a good choice for tradeskiller, but if you can do it, wait till about lvl100 before you pour IP into your tradeskills, or your ability to fight and cast pets will suffer badly.

(and in this game it's tradeskilling, not crafting... :wink: )
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Tazerman

Post by Tazerman » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:53 am

Snakebite wrote:If this is your first character, I STRONGLY urge you not to go Agent, it's not an easy class to play.
I'd advise everyone to start with a Martial Artist character, basically, you can learn the game without having to worry about weapons and upgrading them regularly, leaving you more free to learn other things.

I advise Engineer :p
Tazerman 200/00

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:08 am

Even an Engi is, I'd say, mid range difficulty wise.
You can easily get a powerful pet, but you have to first know how!
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:30 am

I agree with MA being someone's first, or Enforcer. If they have SL, Keeper. Though even then, Keeper can be a challenge. Go with MA if you really want to have fun and experience the game without a ton of difficulty.

Tazerman

Post by Tazerman » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:14 am

Snakebite wrote:Even an Engi is, I'd say, mid range difficulty wise.
You can easily get a powerful pet, but you have to first know how!

if you start as a trade skill/PvP engi you might find it hard my first leveling prof was an engineer I did trade skills on him I wasn't big on PvP then and now I'm 190 and I can't self my 200 robo yet...no laughing 1 more level then I can :P
Tazerman 200/00