Is there a good wilderness area to solo (FrooB)

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

xaatxuun

Is there a good wilderness area to solo (FrooB)

Post by xaatxuun » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:49 am

I was curious to know of a good Wilderness area I could solo and level up, mobs QL I'm currently interested in 45-55.
Doing missions gets tedious too repetitive you could say, but to get a break and finding a good wilderness area of Mobs to just kill and loot can break that repetitive feeling

I took a peek in Formans/Biomare . . too easy to getting many adds I can no longer handle as a soloing Adventure. Steps of madness and ToTW the mobs are all Grey but the mini boss and bosses

Hunting Dynas . . well that uses my time up for little gain if even if no one else has beat me to the Dyna.

So was wondering if there is a Map that has mobs 40+ and ideally no high then 60 . . seems that is dead area or the least amount of QL mobs, I can find them up to 40 . . and 60 plus . . but nothing in-between 40 & 60 .

I'm currently flying around searching, but thought I could post this if you know and/or I may had missed or not found that wilderness area I seek yet :wink: :)

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:40 am

I don't have a clue, I'm normally in the temple till 60, yeah, I'm strange, I enjoy the temple lol.
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:18 am

For some reason I want to say the mutants at the mine near Lush Resort, but I can't remember the exact level range there. I just remember that there are a lot of mutants. We used to go there all the time and there were usually at least another 2 teams around.

There are a lot of mutants in the Harry/Lush Resort area, so might want to try looking around there. The level range might be really low, but it's been so long since I went there I honestly can't remember.

Worth a shot though :)

Krishina

Post by Krishina » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:30 am

Most go for the skeletons on the way down to Lien in TotW, the beginning part of the sewers in Foremans, or mission to get some tokens. I think I did missioning through that stage on my main.

In a few levels if you're feeling confident you could try the outside of the cyborg barracks east of TotW (don't go inside, you'll get mobbed). I think that was also the level range I was farming the toxic pool in Newland Desert for shoulder pad parts (don't do that, the xp is crap).

None of which is very helpful. Maybe the Frost Legionares a tiny bit. Try Lush Resort, but be careful of running into any slayerdriods if you're clan.
Krishina: Level 100 Engineer, RK2

Looking for a toe in the AO rp door.

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:20 pm

A Org member suggested Wailing wastelands . . but I decided to play another character before checking WW.

I did find in Pleasant Meadows there was some but they seem to be mixed in with QL35 - 89 . . and they were all very tightly grouped. that area may need a high level NT fly by with some Nukes to spread 'em out :P

Lush is mostly high 20's , But you could be right about the Mine, I'll need to check that out.

yeah I'm trying to stay away from Public Dungeons , when I'm soloing it gets annoying Ninja team invites, so really looking for an Open wilderness area, but I did forget about those guys towards Lien.
I thought around the Toxic pool they were 30, I'll recheck there. The Dyna there is 35

After i get some rest and next time I login I'll check those locations.

just outside Lush resort, that mine, WW, and I thought those Borgs outside of Cyborg barracks were higher, but I'll recheck them too

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:51 pm

The borgs are in the 70ish range I believe, one of the reasons I keep skipping the DM to kill them for parts on my lower level toons, because it just isn't going to happen.

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:06 am

Silvana wrote:The borgs are in the 70ish range I believe, one of the reasons I keep skipping the DM to kill them for parts on my lower level toons, because it just isn't going to happen.
LOL same

70 you say . .hmmm . . it would be pushing my limits, and I think they are spread apart enough that a 70ish mob might be doable as long as I can keep it 1-Vs-1. I think I'll see if they are worth it to try now or just wait a few more levels

Krishina

Post by Krishina » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:06 am

I thought they were in the 60s. I know I'd occasionally go kill a few when I could still use my ToTW key. The mobs leading up to them are lower level though (the reets etc).

Basically I went out there to practice pulling and agro juggling when I was bored and saved the drops for when I happened to pull that daily.
Krishina: Level 100 Engineer, RK2

Looking for a toe in the AO rp door.

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:04 am

found a spot, but they are all awful close together as you can see in the Map :shock:

[img]http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3622/spotfound.jpg[/img]

I gave it a shot any ways, and they are very very social . . I couldn't just pull one like I was attempting, I even went after the that was the furthermost out of the herd, but after that first shot, 3 others came a running, I tried to see how and if I could handle all of them, it wasn't going to happen :oops: So I had to run, I can out run them but I thought I'd head for the water, and swim to safety . . dang guess the water isn't too deep for them not with their long legs . . I died :oops:

but this location . . 4 Holes

going to go back there and try again see if I can find a less crowded Herd :)
just tabbed out to post this, while I wait for the residue to go away :?

+-+-+-+-+-+
OKay I'm back

I found that sweet spot. it's on River left side in the south East Corner of 4 Holes , on River Right the mobs were QL 41-47, On River left where I was, they are QL 46 - 59, most 54-55. It was exactly the location I was looking for :wink:

[img]http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/8938/se4holes.jpg[/img]

Actually came on to 4 Holes by chance, I was just passing through returning from a DM, and on my way to check that location in Lush Resort you all suggested, guess you might had figured out, I didn't get there, I ended up staying in 4 holes for 2 levels.

They were still tightly bunched but not like that first spot I was at, which was basically just outside of the Whompa's location.

If you get tired or need a break, you can take a flight/run for a minute or 2 south and west, in Andromeda, there are 2 Dyna's 40 & 45.
here is one , kinda looks like a mommy with her litter :P

[img]http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/8177/dynaandromna.jpg[/img]

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:49 pm

in the game at the moment I just checked the mines in Lush fields, the SW mine was too low, QL40+ . . the NW mine has QL60+. On my way to take a peek in Wailing Wasteland, the North end, I'll update what I find there.

Still that Location in 4-Holes Has been the best found so far for Wilderness solo/grinding

Scoopx
AOU Reporter

Post by Scoopx » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:22 pm

Silvana wrote:The borgs are in the 70ish range I believe, one of the reasons I keep skipping the DM to kill them for parts on my lower level toons, because it just isn't going to happen.
LOL I know what you mean. When my ady gets that mission, I have to dual-log my 219 MP and heal pet. Then it's a piece of cake. :roll:
And now You know!

Roger "Scoopx" Johnson
Cub-Reporter for Rubi-Ka Times
Neutral Division
[img]http://www.scene-and-heard.com/ao/sigs/sig_scoopx.jpg[/img]

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:10 pm

just came back to say, North Wailing Wasteland, the mobs are same level, and a few 20+ my level, I had to try one of those 20+ guys, . .(note to self: when attempting a mob 20+ levels save first) . . and well I got a Pool now . . again :lol:

They are spread apart, far apart, making hunting long . . again I have to say 4 Holes has been the Ideal Wilderness area for the level range I'm looking for, cept in most mob groups there they are tightly group, and very social.

Soloing seems there is a dead area of wilderness mobs to go after in the QL50-60 range, but I've seen plenty for 60+ and up to 40. There is a over whelming supply of 5-15 mobs.

Dyna hunting is nice but time consuming, a lot of traveling for the gain.

I may try Foreman's again, but getting over whelm by 6+ mobs at the same time, is not my idea of a good soloing area
Last edited by xaatxuun on Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:02 am

Biomare is really a team instance, so getting swarmed solo makes sense. That or you need calming/expert pulling once you get down in to the mutants.

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:07 am

yeah that's what I had read thatyou need to get to the Mutants to solo . . but the write ups never really mention "If you can get down there". No real warnings It just mentions for Solo Formans/Biomare lvl 50 - (I forgot). I had read a Leveling guide one on the Official and AOFroobs forums, they both pretty much have the same locations and levels. Some of It I wouldn't follow, but I know they work, I just find staying in one area too long makes me want to look for another game kinda sorta . :?
I mean RK is Big and Open, but these guides you would only get to see 5% of it, tops. It was also obvious it was Min/maxers that wrote these guides, I'm not a fan of Min/maxing. Now don't misquote me there, I would do it, but the Time and effort just to accomplish the Min/max is expensive, And takes alot of the thrill of Surviving . . But I'm no different, I would love to just one hit everything, I'm just not going to go outta my way to do that.
Sheesh spend 2 hours finding buffs, just to spend 10 minutes killing something . . LOL not my kinda game but I see many doing that

Never been a Fan of Calms, not sure how well the Adventurer Calms are, But I could get one and try to calm before attempting to pass them.

I've never played RK at these levels, I always played in SL. So this is all new to me.
I'm also not a Fan of PUG's, I didn't mind them at all in SL, but in RK they are or have been so far, Not fun :( .

It may be slowing my leveling down a bit, but me jetting around exploring has made slow level less boring.
I've ran onto some of those land marks during my exploring, so that's been cool, even tho I've been to them before they are still sometimes cool to read.
I still Miss the Hall you start at, and you get to read about everything before even starting, that was cool, and that Hall was awesome.

. . :oops: oh getting sidetracked here , old memories do that :wink:

There are still places to see and places to explore, but I can't get on the Official forums any more so I can thank FC for the free Jet Pack that has made exploring worth exploring :)

I'm kinda on my own lil quest right now, and that's to find other alternatives then the normal route every one takes . . like Missions and the Public Dungeons . . So good Ole fashion Exploring wilderness Grinding :lol:

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:33 am

If you use any custom planet map, they also mark where the dynacamps are and those can be a good indication of the level of the mobs nearby within a 10 level range or so.

I'm actually working on a little project right now trying to play as a froob, from scratch, no org help or high level alts to get cash from. Considering the idea of not using guides to do anything either since someone brand new wouldn't know where to find those.

We'll see how fast (if) I give up, since a real froob can get super impatient lol