List for valuable instruction discs?

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

xyz123abc

List for valuable instruction discs?

Post by xyz123abc » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:56 pm

I have been looking up in search engines a little, and i can either find lists for non rollable nano, lists for nano not available in stores, or partial disc lists... :(

Do you know any list for those instruction discs? I know those i find frequently are not valuable, but this is not a good approach!

Many thanks

As a side note: How old should be a post in this site to be considered necro? My critera was longer than 1 year, but it seems that is not true in these forums :o

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:42 pm

Grid Armor is a good one, rare drop in any QL...

There isn't really a time limit, it's more about the type of post in my personal opinion.
If the original post is about technicalities of the game and your post adds to that, then there isn't a limit (although we may tease you for it), but if it's just chitchat or spam, then the time limit is quite short... :wink:
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

xyz123abc

Post by xyz123abc » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:51 pm

Thanks for the necro tip. I will focus on game mechanics ^.^

And, ill post any noteworthy list when i find one!

Krishina

Post by Krishina » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:01 pm

If it's unbuyable and you can make it into a nanocrystal yourself, it's worth a bit (the only thing you're really paying is time to gather the rocks if you are already a tradeskiller, I can make a ql90 nano for about 400 credits).

If it cannot be rolled or bought, it's valuable. So you should be able to use that to cull down from the nanocrystal lists.

Off the top of my head, the ones worth a lot are all Grid Armour, all Null Sphere, and any used in the Omni-Med Battle Armour quest in disk form only. Since crystals don't work for the quest.
Krishina: Level 100 Engineer, RK2

Looking for a toe in the AO rp door.

xyz123abc

Post by xyz123abc » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:50 pm

Well, after months, i didn't find any list of the valuable discs :(

It seems the tradeskill is semibroken, too (GA and NS only, come on?!)

On the other hand, i found the list of nanos that cant be bought at stores. Well, we have this module in any org bot, but if you want it offline, download the xls file that was mentioned in this post:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... p?t=161708

have fun

Krishina

Post by Krishina » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:31 pm

xyz123abc wrote:It seems the tradeskill is semibroken, too (GA and NS only, come on?!)
What do you mean by that? I regularly make crystals out of disks.
Krishina: Level 100 Engineer, RK2

Looking for a toe in the AO rp door.

deletethisaccount

Post by deletethisaccount » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:38 am

Yes, a good girlfriend in our org, who is a veteran, told me she frequently crafted some discs into crystals and sold them for around 2m. That some years ago :p But that it looks feasible even today.

But, unless you are in a hurry, you want to try getting it built, or like to spend money just like that, you can do a couple more missions in the same level range and get the crystal instead of the disc.

I was saying the skill was semibroken not because it isn't working, but because working in it is not necessary. Not even a lot more convenient

As a side note, i was told that there are some soldier nanos that come in disc form only, too.

And, btw, i am xyz123abc. I locked my account while changing email >.> and I am waiting for a fix or a confirmation email resend atm :(

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:42 am

It has already been fixed, check your PMs.

xyz123abc

Post by xyz123abc » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:48 am

yes, it is, ty! <3

tgjensen

Post by tgjensen » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:04 pm

deletethisaccount wrote:But, unless you are in a hurry, you want to try getting it built, or like to spend money just like that, you can do a couple more missions in the same level range and get the crystal instead of the disc.

I was saying the skill was semibroken not because it isn't working, but because working in it is not necessary. Not even a lot more convenient

As a side note, i was told that there are some soldier nanos that come in disc form only, too.
Art of Peace and Soldier Clip Junkie only drop as IDs as far as I know. I think the same goes for quite a few nanos actually, including Calling of Thor, Rampage of Juggernaut, Gnat's Wing and some of the engineer nanos to mention a few, but I'm not sure. At any rate, some of those dyna boss only nanos are quite rare, so if you find them in ID form rather than crystal form it is well worth the trouble to tradeskill them rather than trying to hunt down a nano crystal version.

xyz123abc

Post by xyz123abc » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:21 pm

(furiously taking notes)

At last some concrete info :)
Cool, maybe i should update the first post with some names.

Yes, so far i had only found NS and GA as disc-only findings. Nobody had mentioned any other until "soldier ones" the day before yesterday, and now that you told me the names, we have some useful knowledge :)

thanks