Has the Celebration started

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

xaatxuun

Has the Celebration started

Post by xaatxuun » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:35 am

Has the Celebration started with this Latest patch ?

I mean are there things I can do and get now or does that just happen during the Party times ?

If there are things I can do now and get now, what are they ?

I read the patch notes but didn't see anything I could do between now and the Party :oops:

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:16 am

There are things to do now. If you turn on OOC chat you'll hear all about it I'm sure. It's a lot of collecting things to spawn a mob. And by a lot of things, I mean 5000 things. I've been collecting with people for about 5 hours now and we're not even half way there.

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:53 am

OH MY that is a lot :shock:

okay, guess I better get started

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:59 am

Well after about 4 hours of helping gather the pieces, we managed to spawn him again (about 6 hours or a little more after the last time we got enough pieces and I managed not to get anything from it then) I got lucky.

Got on the right team, was able to click the right places and tada!

Yalmaha Clio, Jet Pack, Visors, ql300 Nomad suit and Termileetz00r pet all mine!

*happy dance*

[img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a207/ ... rn0046.png[/img]

[img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a207/ ... rn0048.png[/img]

[img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a207/ ... rn0047.png[/img]

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:28 pm

I think I was there on that one, but I died, and forgot to save there my last save was at Harry's, so by the time I made it back, there was nothing for me to click on. KInda bummed, but there's still tomorrow, and the next day and the next day :lol:

Ahh so that's where one gets the Termileets00r, kuz I want's one, and the Yalm

surprised they (funcom) didn't have it where you could just right click your items over or some way to had over the items needed, in a quicker way.
the one at time takes for ever, I started with 3 packs but upped it to 5 packs, and five packs takes me a while to unload. It's a lotta clicking, first yoou have to click the icon to open the slot to place the item then click on the item and drag into the slot. When your handing in 70-100 items . . that is a whole lotta clicking

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:38 pm

Yeah, I think I turned in probably 30 backpacks full in total. My wrist was really starting to hurt after that.

I barely managed to get to click on the urn because of so many people standing on it, and it disappeared only a few seconds after I clicked on it.

People on the main forum are not happy, and I can't say I blame them. Collecting for hours and hours on end to have a raid force of 220's come in and steal the whole thing, when they collected nothing, is pretty disheartening. As far as I know, everyone I was teamed with did some collecting and many of us weren't 220.

Hopefully FC can tweak it a little bit before the weekend.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:20 pm

I've been in a couple of these now, I don't think I've turned in 30 backpacks for either of them, but I've turned in quite a few, more than one slot would be nice to use lol.

Yeah, it's pretty dishartening for the lower level guys to hand stuff in and then have it ODd out from under tham.

Means came and jiggled the numbers yesterday, but it wasn't enough, the huge raidforce turned up again...

It would be nice for the loot to be auto spawned in your inventory on the leaders death, maybe as a % chance compared with how many items you handed in to spawn.
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

CynicalShadow

Post by CynicalShadow » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:50 pm

I'm still new to AO, and I was wondering what the minumum levels for the nomads are? I'm only lvl 15 now, and I want to be able to get some of the cool looking stuff before its over. Speaking of which how long will the Anniversary stuff be going for?

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 pm

I think the ones in the Newland Desert are the lowest, and they're 30ish. Event content usually lasts a week or so after the date, because it usually requires them to take the servers down to take the spawns out and such. Should be plenty of time to get to a level where you can take them on without any issue.

CynicalShadow

Post by CynicalShadow » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:30 pm

Great Thanks!

Tonopa

Post by Tonopa » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:30 pm

Hi, do Nomads spawn in any desert region or only in land control areas - as do the pumpkinheads?

I checked PW and found no nomads but did locate a few in Mort - and only around towers.

Cheers!

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:42 pm

There's 4 desert areas they show up in, I believe. Newland Desert is the only one I've been to. I hear there are 4 in total but 2 of them have been having spawn issues. Newland Desert has the lowest level mobs, so the easiest to get the pieces faster, and also closest to the Tinker NPC.

The only reason to go after higher level Nomads, would be to get higher level pieces of the armor. Though, if you manage to get loot on the Rider, there's 6 ql300 sets of it that drop each time he is taken down.

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:15 am

I can't recall the 4th location (Map) but it's PW, Mort, and Newland Desert is where I remember.
Newland desert I know the Nomads are lvl 30, the lowest QL armor type item I've looted I think was QL17, the highest QL41. Some did post a QL45 Cape but I cna not confirm if that was taken in Newland Desert or in one of the other 3 locations.
The Nomads have a bit of a slow attack, so not sure how your build is at lvl 15, but you may still want some help.
They do not drop Credits, like the RK Mobs do when you loot them, just the party stuff.
The Armor is NO DROP

In Newland Desert they spawn just about any where. Their spawn rate, well that is something, I had one spawn just as I started attacking another, then before I was finished with the first a third had spawned in the same spot.
And there are been times I felt like I ran for miles till I found another. But none of it is Bad, not in Newland Desert that is. I wanted to check out Mort, but my map Nav is not high enough to get that map. Running around Blind hunting these guys would be less fun (for me, others may enjoy it that way).

You could probably be able to solo the Nomads as a lvl 20, but that may depend of you knowledge of your class and armor/weapons. I would suggest getting in a Team. Team of lvl 15's could take care of themselves against the Nomads, at least a 3 player team , me thinks so :wink:

You could always tag along with a higher level, if you don't mind not gaining any EXP

Funny thing is I see a Nomad, go to attack and nothing happen, just to read the message PVP not allowed, LOL :D . . what it was is a player wearing the Nomad armor, I wasn't paying attention to the target name, my eyes was on the body

I just hope more are looking for parts this time when I log in, last night I never got a chance.

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:49 am

wish I could vent on the Official forums, but it will not let me post there any more :x

But just got done dealing with the Desert Rider, and there is no way 90% of those involved can get their loot, heck I would say 99%, but playing it safe saying 90%.

Then the Drama that follows because of such

I contributed close to 400 parts for this fight and reward, and I wouldn't doubt those that did get something contributed maybe nothing. This is not a fun Event, spending all that time to get nothing.

I hope they can find a way to solve it, but kinda doubt they (FunCom) will. :?

Knowing me I'll keep torturing myself and try again , but my enthusiasm and enjoyment about this B-day celebration has dropped dramatically. You think I would had learned from the previous one's I've done in the past, but I'm too hard headed and always have hope for improvement, but I see yet again a disappointment :(

well just had to get that vent off, going to get a byte to eat then log back in and do it all over again :roll: yeah I'm stubborn, I know . . it's just going to be another torture time, No exp earned, no Creds earned, just hours of killing and collecting for someone else enjoyment :P

(edited: because I did bad math)

Krishina

Post by Krishina » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:03 pm

The jetpack can now be gotten for free from the in-game store on all accounts, including froob accounts. Armour drops from Nomads of the right ql (the missing location is the western part of Broken Shores just past Home, they're lvl 100). So the only reasons to spawn the Desert Rider are for the Clio (which most don't stand a chance of) and the stuff from the fanatics which is pretty good. The leet-in-a-mech, the glasses, and the poster.

After swearing my way through the drama over the last few days and grinding over 8 hrs to spawn said rider twice... well, I'm hunting for armour on my characters and dropping off the things I collect to Tinker, but not going out of my way looking for it any more.
Krishina: Level 100 Engineer, RK2

Looking for a toe in the AO rp door.