Has the Celebration started

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:59 pm

yeah , that was cool, giving the jetpack away for free.
After that post and watching a movie I came back but this time with my lvl 18 Enfo, I wanted to see what he could do against the Nomads in Newland Desert

Actually better then my 40 Trader :shock:
[img]http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/7798/nomadsolo18.jpg[/img]

after I dinged 19, I added what was left needed to use the Jet pack, ya Know, those Shoulder pads looks good with the Miy's Melee Armor, This was the only shot I have, wish I took one without the Jet pack too :oops:

[img]http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/3391/floatingfo.jpg[/img]

earlier I mentioned about the Nomads spawning, 2 had spawned right after I started this fight, and then just right after I took this screen shoot, another spawned to my right (2nd image)

[img]http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/497/2spawn.th.jpg[/img] . . [img]http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/6582/3spawn.th.jpg[/img]

Tonopa

Post by Tonopa » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:04 pm

Mort nomads are all level 150 and drop armor ranging from approx. QL89 to QL220. Most of the nomads I've found wander the zone wall border regions and are generally spaced about 500 meters apart.

Happy hunting!

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:54 pm

finally after 3 days, my Enfo got the Cap to drop for him

Looks good :mrgreen:
[img]http://img861.imageshack.us/img861/5222/gotcape.jpg[/img]

ya know after reading what you get from the new Yalm, I'm glad I have the Jet pack, tho the Yalm woulda been cool, but the Free Jetpack was better.

I still wants that leet pet :wink:

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:05 pm

The Terminleetzor pet (and the colored visors, and the last supper picture) can be looted from the Fanatic Nomads that are spawned by the Desert Rider. Just wait around and eventually you can loot it off one of the bodies that invariably pile up near the Desert Rider raid.

As for the Clio, the loot rules have been adjusted such that the body becomes FFA after about 1 minute. If you want to ninja it, just target the Desert Rider body and start right-clicking and hope you get lucky.

Your odds are improved if you are desirable in a raid (healer, damage dealer) or have high level friends in the raid because the team that does the most damage gets the first minute to try to loot the Clio before it becomes FFA. Yes, this means mostly high level players or their alts will get the Clio. Is this fair? I think so. As for the complaints about the all the hard work collecting up items... I pick them up as part of looking for other birthday stuff and turn them in when I fill up a bag. It's a collective effort, like when global research used to be. Collecting items isn't for you to get the Clio, but its for the entire community to have a chance at the Clio. That's sorta how you gotta look at it.

Means was on yesterday and kept respawning the Desert Rider back-to-back repeatedly for a few hours. Many many people got their Clios. I'm sure it will happen again.

(In a totally unrelated issue... why was my post about the Eavesdropping daily mission moved/deleted? and where was it moved to if it was moved because it seems to be gone now)

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:26 pm

On the unrelated issue, it was moved on accident. Fixed now :)

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:45 pm

well I went and revisited playing an Engineer, So went and toyed around in the subway for a few levels .. really don't like that place, but would admit its a great place to level when your starting, but I find it a very boring area :?

anyways

I wanted something different to do, so thought why not go out and see if I can play with the Nomads, maybe get me a Cape and/or shoulder pads.

well this was the first attempt . . but there were 5 more that followed, or was it 6 :oops:

[img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/7411/nomad12vs30.jpg[/img]

well 3 nomads and 6 attempts, first one, dude crit me just as I took the SS, my HP was looking good when I was pressing F12. Second attempt, almost got the kill, but the Nomad got me first, and some other player flew by, stopped watched, never offered a heal, watched me die and did the kill shot, well I knew they would had to wait, so I ran back as fast as my lvl 12 feet could go, just as I was arriving he was able to loot, and then they left . . lol talk about stealing candy from a Baby. There was nothing any ways, I happen to had Vincenty loot going in chat they got nothing so no loss, :P
then someone trained a lvl 24 Dyna , they went past me, no problem, till I had to run from my 3rd Nomad attempt to buy time to use First Aid Kit, and what did I do turn and ran right smack into that Dyna, hoping I could get away .. . well lets just say 3 steps and now respawning LOL.

I see (I believe it was) an Agent now dealing with the Dyna, so I stopped gave then a AC buff ( the lil one I can give) hit them with a First aid, then left to go back after that Nomad, but as I get to the nomad, someone beat me back, so I turned and went back to see if I could assist the Agent.
I saw the Dyna's HP is low enough wouldn't KS, so I sent in B0B, then started firing, so now Dyna be dead and Agent can loot .. and heal :)

I find me another Nomad, sent B0B after him, but B0B was getting damaged hard so I started shooting sooner then I really wanted too. Figured I pull the Nomad closer to the Whompa's, less running time. but I kept having to stop and go back after him, Now B0B decides to do damage, instead of taking damage,':roll:' and kept pulling the Nomad from, good thing, bought me time to first aid up . . B0B died, and I have no Buffs any more to get another one, at least not B0B's QL. So I ran . . first aid, shoot . . Fling then Burst . . run run run First aid Fling then Burst.
I died :cry:
but was too close, because the Nomad was now attacking the player that was kinda AFK on the respawn pad .. "sorry", but they woke up and they got away, but it gave me time to do some damage. got him down to just one more hit, . . what's this . . Damn you ICC PeaceKeeper . . they stole my Kill :lol:

Yeah . . heh . . not a good night for the Engie . . But it was fun doing it

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:45 pm

Something you should do as an engie (or at least I do and it has served me very well) is as soon as you cast your pet and click the thing to summon it, cast it again so you have a spare pet in your inventory ready to go at a moments notice. You always want to have a backup pet in your inventory. One of the best things about engies and crats is being able to do that.

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:11 am

actually that is what I had done, but when I went to click on it, I read the message my MC was not high enough, which I found strange, because the nano was already cast, so why did I need the MC again :?:

Since I was unfamiliar in the pet process, and was in a rush at the time, Really didn't think any further then why would I need that amount of MC again. And I was getting very sleepy.
Could that be a Bug ?

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:12 am

No, you still need to meet the reqs to "build" the bot.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:22 pm

You can have someone cast composite attributes, composite nano, MP nano buffs, and then a wrangle on you.
The wrangle only lasts for a few seconds, but it's enough time to cast a MUCH higher pet than you would otherwise be able to cast.
The downside of this is that you will then require buffs running on you all the time to be able to control it.
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:35 pm

I was perusing the changed items in the latest patch: http://www.dokushuu.com/xml/TL_18.04.05 ... 0a_EP1.xml and I noticed three items that I was wondering if anyone found to drop: the "superb" colored visors, the color changing thong, and the black Clio.

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:06 pm

The Black Clio, (if that's what it's called) I believe was from an earlier event a few years back, one that happen when I wasn't playing.
Not sure about the Thong, I thought they was a Item store item. as for the Visor I'm not exactly sure

=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=

well I went back into the subway with the Engy for a couple more levels, then hit me, "Hey I have a Trader, I'll have him buy a Wrangle" "and get me a better Bot" .. heh yea, was just coming here to say I was slow on remembering Wrangles add to Nano skills too .. But I see Snake beat me too it. I was actually getting ready to log off when I did that, so got the wrangle a better Bot then went back out to Newland Desert. Now the Role was reversed :twisted: I get to watch their HP drop

[img]http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/1672 ... deplay.jpg[/img]

I decided to stay logged in a lil longer to deal with 4 more, was just too tired to stay on to level again,
but yeah see what 2 levels and a Wrangle can do for you :wink:

eye patch, shoulder pads, a better Bot, and a Duck lantern that does not shed any light :shock: and some other items, but they are in the Pack

8)

[img]http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/5783/16engineer.jpg[/img]

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:52 pm

Llie wrote:I was perusing the changed items in the latest patch: http://www.dokushuu.com/xml/TL_18.04.05 ... 0a_EP1.xml and I noticed three items that I was wondering if anyone found to drop: the "superb" colored visors, the color changing thong, and the black Clio.
The Clio drops from the boss you spawn with all those birthday bits.
The visors drop from teh adds he spawns...
And you get the jetpack (or whatever it's called) from clicking on that lantern that appears when the boss gets there...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:13 pm

Not sure about the thong.

I don't think the black clio is the same as what drops in the game though. It is almost entirely white.

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:07 pm

yay :D I now have my leet pet.

past 5 days never got a chance to play with the desert Rider, but some changes I see. I never saw the Fanatic Nomads the first time, but they are there now, and one shot kills even for my level 20. I had discovered that these Fanatics are the ones that drop the leet pet, the painting, and the Visors, Also it not like just one nano for the leet pet is in the loot, but 2 or 3. Since I had Vincenty loot on, I was seeing some players, grabbing like all of them . . I'm thinking " what the hell? .. its a no drop and you can only use one ?" " why are they taking them all, why not leave the extras for others to get too ?" . . what ever some people. this was a strange group, if yu was not a member of the org or guess an alliance, and not a 220, you was kicked from the raid . . you got to be kidding me :shock: does this loot saleability, I didn't think it did, so why keep others from the reward . . again what ever man . . I just wanted to kill a fanatic to get the leet pet anyways.

The funny part the idiots trained the Rider to the roof, so low levels couldn't reach it .. Wow . . good idea, too bad you can just strap on your jet pack and land there . . game is full of geniuses :lol:
yup strange group indeed

here's the pic, so it did happen :P
I now have my leet pet from the celebration
[img]http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/8003/newpet.jpg[/img]