Mid-level Shade weapons

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

bikernoj

Mid-level Shade weapons

Post by bikernoj » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:59 pm

There seems to be a problem with shade weaponry: there are a few nice ones for low levels (Fear Forged Blades, Toothpickers), and some great endgame weapons (Lord/Lady of Deceit, MediBlades, Piercing Evil, etc).

However, there is a HUGE HOLE from 100-150 where a SLoob has one of two choices:

1. Spend all your IP in Brawl just to equip SL weapons with RK damage (Chicanery, Die Kleine Nadel, Sigd, NFKs). These weapons obviously fall very short in SL damage, although they aren't bad in RK.

2. Try to buy the ONLY decent mid-level shade weapon: Nippy John Stilletto. The problem with this is the droprate is apparently horrible, and even IF you can find one one for sale the current asking price is often ~300M, which is just plain stupid!

I mean, SLoob soljas & fixys can get a new perennium weapon built as they grow, enfos get to use everything, keepers get to raid Inner Sanctum for their mid-level weapons...

... but shades have to be BILLIONAIRES????

Come on, FC, either put a couple more realistic SL only shade weaps in-game or increase the droprate of Nippys significantly so the rest of us can afford them!

GRRR!

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:06 am

Errr, you DO realise that we're NOT Funcom, don't you?

There are 1he weapons coming out of the temple, is there any counterpart in the Inner Sanctum?
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:47 am

I'm not sure what the level range is on them, but my friend always swore by improved tango dirks on his shade.

bikernoj

Post by bikernoj » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:44 am

Well yes, I DO realize this isn't Funcom, but the difference is people here actually listen once in a while! :wink:

I suppose it was more of a rant than anything. Been rather p****d at FC for their lack of support too, but that's another story.

ITD's might be decent, but a min dmg of 1 is a no-go in SL and the lack of any specials except a dark blue IP sink (brawl) seals ITD's fate. TY for the suggestion though.

It's still really sad that my lvl 66 MA does about the same damage as my 145 shade, and I wondered if anyone else felt the "piercing black hole" for mid-level shades like I do.

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:38 am

it's been years since I was playing a shade, tho I can say I never reached the level your at, but I think there was a range that Shades are SOL on a decent weapon. I think during that time the only thing they was good for was the Back stab.
But me trying to remember back half a decade isn't really helping you :oops:
Because there was something that I thought the Shade could use, but it was something that was a rare drop, but I could be thinking something else and for another class too :shock:
I think what I was doing was just staying with the sigd, last time I played a Shade was shortly after AI went live, can you use the Kyr'Ozch Energy Rapier, I think one of my shades got one of those. But my limited knowledge any more that's about all I could recall

Or you just on a SlooB Account ?