Eavesdropping Daily Mission

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Eavesdropping Daily Mission

Post by Llie » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:35 am

Up until today, I thought you always had to kill Ed Burton in order to complete the "Eavesdropping" daily mission. This was a problem for my gimp nanomage agent, which always needed help to complete this mission.

The result of killing Ed Burton gives the "Potential Evidence" result, but if you have high concealment, you can sneak up to the top of the platform and if someone else shows up and kills him, you get the "No Evidence" result, but if you hang around for a couple minutes and stay concealed you can get the "Hard Evidence" result.

I won't spoil it for anyone, but just wanted to let everyone know there are alternatives to fighting Ed Burton.

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:17 pm

good to know, I'll need to remember that one
if I ever get it

Morgo
AOU Content Editor

Post by Morgo » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:25 pm

We could add this to the guide if its intended by FC should be this way.
Veteran Dark "Morgo" Padawan :: Devil Inside :: EnforcerImage

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:11 pm

I think it is, as the other 2 mission complete conditions "Hard Evidence" and "No Evidence" clearly can only be obtained by someone sneaking.

In fact, I've found that many of the daily missions can be completed via some form of sneaking. Discussion about that here: http://aofroobs.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 643#p98547

Morgo
AOU Content Editor

Post by Morgo » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:36 am

I checked with a GM. He would not give me a straight answer rather it was intended to be this way, but on the other hand he said if it was possible to finish this daily way this way it wouldn't make you end up in a sticky situation if you did this.
Veteran Dark "Morgo" Padawan :: Devil Inside :: EnforcerImage

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:27 pm

Bump. :lol:

I really think this is an intended solution to this daily mission. All regular daily missions are obtained via the selection of "Straightforward please" answer, as that's the only answer available.

After discovering how many can be completed via high concealment and sneaking, I think FC is working towards different types of daily missions that require different skills to complete.

Bubbagut

Post by Bubbagut » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:18 pm

I have found on this mission that concealment of 700 does the trick.

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:10 am

Bubbagut wrote:I have found on this mission that concealment of 700 does the trick.
Actually, WorldTrader found that if you can calm Ed Burton, and then sneak, WorldTrader's whopping concealment of something like 23 was enough to successfully complete this mission.