a Daily mission question

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

xaatxuun

a Daily mission question

Post by xaatxuun » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:46 pm

I got a daily today, where I needed to kill a few things and the last one was hammer heads.
Now so far, the Mobs has always been around my level, but this one here I need to kill mobs that are 15-20+ levels.

Is that normal ?

I was looking in your guides, just happens this one was not in your guides, or it has a different name then the one I remember.
But it takes place in wailing wasteland , awesome exp gained, tho too bad they're just going into a Pool since I'm 28, and the mobs are 42 to 49 :?

I just want to make sure the mission is WAI, and I'll just get some help if it is :wink:

this is the mission I was referring about http://wiki.aodevs.com/wiki/Nomad_Camp

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:57 pm

Sometimes we don't have the clan versions of things, but I've done this the omni version of this one in Clondyke with my crat, and while some of the mobs were really difficult, it wasn't impossible to do.

I'd just add that to your list of ones that you don't like and skip it if it comes up in the future. Pretty sure that one has a short level range, so you won't be getting it for too long. You'll get far more annoying ones later ;)

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:05 am

okay, so sounds like I would need to get help, and it is WAI.

if I can't get help I'll skip it :(

I'm pretty sure if I could just find some Hammerheads that are lower level that would or could work as well, but I don't know where they all hang out at, I was always in Shadowlands before, rarely in Rubi'Ka.

I googled to see if I could find some Beastiery list somewhere, only to find a partial one made back in 03.

I remember there were other places, but not remember where those places were. Without a Yalm or something to help speed the running to search it's going to be a long time looking.

Update Edit: I found a spot or that spot I forgot from the past. Lush Fields
there seems to me a lot less of them then I remember, I had to recast my 1 hour buffs, but it was just minute or 2 after that I found the fifth, and Mission over.

Next question: does the amount of time one takes to do a mission, dictate what one's experience points will be ?

I'm not sure if it was because it took me 14 hours after getting the mission or that I went to Lush fields, but my exp was about a 1/3rd of what I would normally see. It was only 8 thousand something something something :cry:

BerraLJ

Post by BerraLJ » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:24 am

Done the omni version in Clondyke and the hammerheads and spiders are dark orange/red to my adv that is in his mid 30's can kill them but it takes a while :) good thing with this mission is that the grid is very close.

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:27 am

just another update to this mission

If you go due east, from the Mission location, there are a bunch of hammers, and they start (from south to North) ql26 - 40+. so just north of the player city, and by the river, they start . actually better yet, just north of where there are 4 QL65+ Dynas.
The Jet pack makes this easier to get to. But there are like a ton of Hammers along that border. enough that a NT could get 3-4 at the same time :wink:

came across these guys last night while exploring all of WW.

If it wasn't for the fact the only place to get Pixies is near the crater (well there are a couple near the lava spot north), you could start with the prowlers as you go east from the whom-pha's, and then by the time you get to the location the hammers are at, you'll be done with everything else, But since there are no Pixies along the way :x it wouldn't work out that way :(
Bummers

so if you can't handle the hammers near the crater at the mission location, you can head east and find some lower levels ones, no need to dash to any other map now

xyz123abc

Post by xyz123abc » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:07 pm

I get daily missions too hard to be completed almost everytime. I usually either get a godfather or have to level before completing it :/

Maybe it is just luck :p

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:31 am

of the DM's I have done so far, there is only one that is automatically deleted, if no high level friends are on (that have a moment to help).

Depending which character I'm playing some are deleted because I don't want to spend that much time doing them, it's not that they are so much long time, but frustrating.

OtherOne

Post by OtherOne » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:36 am

People have been talking about deleting missions they don't like. So I guess it doesn't always give you the same mission over and over?

Each of the last three days, my faily mission has been 'Infiltration Preparation'. Killing a bunch of 70 - 99 cyborgs on my 56 engy is hard (I'm not a twink). There are a couple recruits that spawn out there which are 66 or so, which I can take, but they never seem to drop the hellsoldier signet. Going inside the barracks is usually a bad idea. the mobs are too clustered and social aggro.

Anyhow. I deleted it, then got it yesterday. Deleted it yesterday, gave it to me again today. Is that just a fluke?

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:22 am

In that level range, you'll get that one a lot of the time. It bites ;)

Krishina

Post by Krishina » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:10 am

The daily missions are done in level brackets of 10. So you'll get the same group of missions at level 41 as at level 49 (I think it would be 40-49 but I'm not sure). If you're at the low end of the bracket you might struggle, if you're at the high you should have too many issues.

Although there are a couple of missions - Infiltration Preparation in particular - that are horrid no matter what level you pull them.
Krishina: Level 100 Engineer, RK2

Looking for a toe in the AO rp door.

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:11 am

OtherOne wrote:
Anyhow. I deleted it, then got it yesterday. Deleted it yesterday, gave it to me again today. Is that just a fluke?
not a fluke, had the exact same thing happen, same mission, 4 days in a roll.
then yesterday, had to do that really really hard one, the dreaded . . should I say it . . distress signal :P :D

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:51 am

...and there is a [very] limited number of missions available within each level range, so there is a high likelihood you will get one of the three or four missions available at that level range every day. (Flip a coin. oh, heads? "Extraction" for you.)

Krishina

Post by Krishina » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:49 am

I got sent out the end of the Longest Road every day for a fortnight. The day I got a yalm they stopped sending me there.
Krishina: Level 100 Engineer, RK2

Looking for a toe in the AO rp door.

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:06 am

Yeah, the agency handler has a sick sense of humor. Find an org-mate with a fixer that has team f-grid. The exit drops you off practically right next to the guy you need to find.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:50 am

Llie wrote:Yeah, the agency handler has a sick sense of humor. Find an org-mate with a fixer that has team f-grid. The exit drops you off practically right next to the guy you need to find.
Or an Engie... :D
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!