Are all daily mission boring ?

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

xaatxuun

Are all daily mission boring ?

Post by xaatxuun » Mon May 30, 2011 1:34 pm

I decided to try out this daily mission. I get one to kill 5 Ermites . . I need to roam this area and if I see dust kick up set a decoy. then the ermite is supposed to appear, after 45 minutes the message always saying a shy ermite has popped up, and I see nothing, I deleted the mission. in tha time I could have leveled up just grinding mobs somewhere. :x

So I wanna know are all daily missions that boring ? no action, just running around like a chicken with it's head cut off :?
Are the time consuming part just running around, has nothing to do with difficulty ?

I gotta say, my first impression, they were not worth the time.
Now if what I got was a fluke and just got a bad one for being my first time doing dailies, I may give this a try again.
I just want to make sure before I try this again, it's not going to me just running around for hours doing nothing

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Might have had a bugged mission, or something wasn't happening right. When you saw the dust cloud did you right click on the decoy item? That's how you set it up, and then the eremite should appear. Since they can hide, like scooplets you get later with the same type of mission, if you don't attack them right away, they'll hide and run off. You need to track them with your mini map for that if you have the upgrade or just let your character turn in the right direction with your attack on and run after them.

Not all of the missions are like this. Some of them have you hacking terminals, helping defenseless animals, killing defenseless animals, clearing rollerrat infestations, taking speed stims to people that are out in the middle of nowhere, etc. It's actually a pretty varied list.

You'll get to learn which ones you like and don't like, which ones have too high of a risk versus the reward, and which ones are just plain stupid and you'll want to avoid like the plague.

For the most part, they are a fun detraction for the normal grind, and will net you a level (until the later levels) even if you only have a little bit of time to play during the day.

Hope that helps :)

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Tue May 31, 2011 5:53 am

okay so it was just a stroke of getting a bad buggy mission.

I was having a bad day, then that happened. yes I was using the thumper thingies to draw them out.

I don't remember is there a way to bug report from in game ?

I was so frustrated all I did was delete mission and went to the subway, and the 1hour in the subway netted me 2 levels, Unlike the 40-45 minutes of nothing happening doing a daily, and not even one experience point :x. I was told at the low levels like where I'm at it's like enough exp to gain a level Plus some, just from the daily.

I'm just not a fan of Subway but if That's where I need to be for some action then I guess I'll go back there.

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Tue May 31, 2011 8:48 am

When not bugged, that daily would take 5 minutes plus travel time to do, so it's definitely worth it.

Krishina

Post by Krishina » Tue May 31, 2011 9:02 am

Eh. That was one of the ones I only did once and then decided I disliked it. But some of them are really fun. Like Silvana said, try all of them once and avoid the ones that really tick you off. Like that Embrace the Shadows thing... *shudders*
Krishina: Level 100 Engineer, RK2

Looking for a toe in the AO rp door.

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:41 am

okay, did a second.
this second one kill every one hack ID cards,, then second part was to hide.

I was given a disguise, ya know become the Box :shock:
just like with the ermites, I get to the spot and click . . . Nothing happening

I was suspecting it's on a timer, and you have just a few seconds. IF that is all the problem, then I have a problem with doing daily's due to my connection.

I ended up placing the box in a shortcut bar, I can keep one hand on the mouse moving to find the spot and the other with a finger ready to press the short cut. I see the "HERE" and instantly press the shortcut, and it was not a success , so tied it again , got it this time I was just a fraction quicker

So I'm going to guess there is a timer, and that timed moment is very very short. Since I'm on a satellite connection there is latency, and it just happens that that latency is the same amount as the time it is to do the function . So I may be SOL getting to do the Daily :?
It's just a guess :oops:

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:23 am

You'll figure out pretty quick which ones your connection can and can't handle, just keep a list :)

It does suck to get one you can't/don't want to do and having to delete it and wait 18 hours, but them's the breaks I guess ;)

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:05 am

Silvana wrote:You'll figure out pretty quick which ones your connection can and can't handle, just keep a list :)

It does suck to get one you can't/don't want to do and having to delete it and wait 18 hours, but them's the breaks I guess ;)
great my wall is already riddled with sticky notes, now I need to add more :P

yeah that will be the sucky part, having to delete and do the 18 wait. the wait is not the bad part have to do that anyways, it's just missing getting the easy EXP :cry:

I'm not sure if I would call this a Bug, but maybe a glitch that is created due to connections . If it is a timer thing, I would guess that could be a easy fix.
The ermite one I'm just not sure how that could be fixed for me. I will do it again and try a couple things to see if I can make it work.

Krishina

Post by Krishina » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:21 pm

I can do the spy one and my lag is horrendous. I've found it's finicky though: keep an eye on your NCU, it'll have a nano run when you're in the right spot and sometimes it requires a bit of shuffling to get the precise patch you need to get that nano to stay steady. Then you put the box on and enjoy the show. I haven't found a timer, it's just getting the spot right, you can stand there all day once you have it.

The box lasts ages, but I wish it didn't cancel leaving the mission. Bouncing down the corridors under that thing is FUN, I want to do it through Borealis!
Krishina: Level 100 Engineer, RK2

Looking for a toe in the AO rp door.

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:47 pm

Krishina wrote: The box lasts ages, but I wish it didn't cancel leaving the mission. Bouncing down the corridors under that thing is FUN, I want to do it through Borealis!
Oh I was wanting to do the exact same thing

I don't have any lag, but I do deal with a lot of latency. So if it's true it happens how you say it, then I guess the solution would be to make a slightly larger spot (target, or what ever it would be called) , no reason to be that finicky that the slightest vibration will cause you to lose the location to hide
I know I was all paranoid about touching anything after I got the box on, I didn't want to go through that hassle again. I didn't move, only thing I did was sat very very still, I kept breathing, figured if I had to hold my breath then the daily wasn't worth it :P :lol:
I never saw a timer, just suspected there might had been one

BerraLJ

Post by BerraLJ » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:08 am

I have only done the eremite daily once and i had no problems finding them, and i tabbed and attacked right away, but the damn eremites ran away so i had to chase them, that part was less fun :)

As for the spy mission can be bit tricky to get to right spot, but once you sit down and use the box it should be working okey, well my clan soldier was spotted once so had to kill the mobs and run out, when you zone in again the place is reset, so just start over.

The only place i seen that has a very large level range on mobs is smuglers den, had some red lvl 180 mobs when i was there with my 130 nt, but only a few and i could avoid them thank god :)

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:11 am

yeah I got the eremite one again with a different character, and a Org member said " remember to Tab and then follow" . . That was the whole problem the first time I was expecting them to actually pop out where you see them. then you can target them, I totally spaced out never thinking of using the Tab key the first time.

as for the spy one, I dunno, it's just going to be a hit or miss then try again N again till the Box happens

Therrito

@ BerraLJ

Post by Therrito » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:58 am

After u TAB to target the Eremite u should put it on /follow.
Then ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK
Politicians and diapers need to be changed often and for the same reason.

enlo

Re: Are all daily mission boring ?

Post by enlo » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:05 pm

Aaand also make sure you have the "system messages" thingie enabled in your chat window, I was running around for 10minutes when I noticed that I missed several eremites because I was looking at the wrong window :shock:

Tazerman

Re: Are all daily mission boring ?

Post by Tazerman » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:50 pm

I something all are boring some elite missions are fun most solo missions are tome anyway
Tazerman 200/00