Are all daily mission boring ?

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Re: Are all daily mission boring ?

Post by Silvana » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:20 pm

Quite of the few of the earlier ones that people find "boring" are only so because we've done them a million times. If you look at what they are for, teaching a new person about the game, items, locations, trade skills, etc. then they do what they are tailored to do.

They definitely get boring over time, but their purpose is valid :)

enlo

Post by enlo » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:06 pm

totally agree with you, I remember how I was happily grinning while killing those 100 rollerrats.
Nowadays I'm more like "meh, at least it's a fast one".

However this bloody jewellery stuff is not only boring, it's annyoing me!

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:14 pm

Trade skills... annoying... how often those words go together ;)

The list of what is on the one for the mission.. I tend to find those more on random mobs out in the open. Or mission chests.

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:18 pm

Oh Gosh had that one, tho I really didn't put much effort (hunting low level mobs), I ended up deleting it, I wasn't in the mood to hunt newb level mobs just so I could make the jewelry, that's defiantly a trades skill type mission, I be those that have trade skills for that stuff may like that one.
but I did learn something, any newb level toons I have, will be saving them thar Gems to be used later :wink:

RollRats ? Have not picked up that one yet. Can you recall what levels that one is for ?

I don't do any(or start) DM's anymore till lvl 20+, unless I have a ranged toon with a root, I don't mind doing the Ermite one if I can root them, but a melee toon won't bother with DMs till their level is too high to get that one

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:32 pm

Anything rollerrats is VERY low level. There's no real sway on that.

enlo

Post by enlo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:13 pm

Rats!

according to the guid it's for lvl 125+
I probably could go afk at lvl 220 and those rats wouldn't ever get me down :P

the upside of doing the jewellery DM once is that you get heaps of monster parts.
there is DM to bring some blood plasma to the agency.
I now have two backpacks full of lowlevel blood plasma for that mission ( /tell Enlojane on RK1 if you need some hehe)

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:51 pm

enlo wrote:Rats!

the upside of doing the jewellery DM once is that you get heaps of monster parts.
I now have two backpacks full of lowlevel blood plasma for that mission ( /tell Enlojane on RK1 if you need some hehe)

ahh okay, so the rat one is 125+, something I could look forward to pop up later. and that's 100 rats in 15 minutes :shock: , I guess it's just one whack per rat kinda thing :mrgreen:

Blood Plasma is a good credit maker too, Before AI came on the scene, It was blood Plasma and Ingots for Hecks.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:40 pm

xaatxuun wrote:
enlo wrote:Rats!

ahh okay, so the rat one is 125+, something I could look forward to pop up later. and that's 100 rats in 15 minutes :shock: , I guess it's just one whack per rat kinda thing :mrgreen:

Blood Plasma is a good credit maker too, Before AI came on the scene, It was blood Plasma and Ingots for Hecks.
No, the rats take some killing, however, when you talk to the person in the city zone, she spawns a 'rat killer' you just train the rats under it and they all die.
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:37 pm

If you have a bunch on you and aren't careful, they can take you out pretty quick even at higher levels. I've never had to actually kill any of them though, just train them to the thing and it zaps them. There's usually time to loot them too since they have credits on them, usually a thousand or so each. I've also never run out of time. I don't think there's an actual timer that gets put on you that you can see, so there might not really be a timer at all. I could be wrong on that though, it's just never happened to me where I ran out of time.

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:04 am

There is indeed a timer. First time I got the mission I had no idea what I was doing, and eventually the rollerrat killing machine despawned (actually I'm not sure if it despawned, or it was still there, but it stopped killing rollerrats and the smoke that it makes stopped too), and the junior rollerrat exterminator only gives you the "I failed..." dialog message. I exitted the instance, and re-entered with a better understanding of what I was doing and then completed the mission successfully.