Rubi-Ka Social Tailor Clothing

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Krishina

Rubi-Ka Social Tailor Clothing

Post by Krishina » Sat May 21, 2011 12:53 pm

I'm referring what one buys from the tailors and non-omni clothing booths, not the AI quest clothing. Is there some sort of list/guide/images of them somewhere? I've been collecting them with the help of some friends to do something up for us and potentially org, but wondering if it's already been done and I'm just reinventing the wheel.

And if it HASN'T been done (and I don't run out of steam) would anyone else be interested in getting the results of it?

--------

Okay, beginning to assemble things in this thread. Sets so far:
Leopards
Zebras
Waterlilies
Fancies
Sweaters
Trenchcoats
Islander
Fret
Flowers
Leaves
Stars
Cloaks
Oriental
Spectrum
Miiir

Unless otherwise noted, all sets modelled by my opifex Krishoud. My engineer threatened to set her bot on me if I tried to make her strut in front of a camera.
Last edited by Krishina on Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Sat May 21, 2011 8:08 pm

As far as I know, no one has compiled a list of these items. I do know that some of them can be really hard to find and I've always kept a stockpile of social clothes because of it.

I'd certainly be interested to see what you come up with :)

Krishina

Post by Krishina » Sat May 21, 2011 8:52 pm

Well, this is the list I've compiled from going through the auno.org database. I've deliberately left out tattoos for the moment (given their naming system I'd rather do them separately if I do so). Also tried to avoid the nodrop or nearly impossible to get stuff. Rubi-Ka Clothing Checklist <-- warning, it's a Word Document designed for printing out and marking with a pencil.

If I've missed any items or there are some on there that aren't actually in game please let me know. My definition of 'clothing' was QL 1 things that aren't armour and don't have stats. I took a bit of wiggle room with the last point so there are some things that have, say, +15 swimming (one of the swimwear) or similar. I consider them possible buffing items in exceptional circumstances but normally used for social purposes.

Should I put screenshots of the clothes up in this thread or make a new one somewhere?

(For the record, there are 498 items on that list.)

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Sat May 21, 2011 9:08 pm

I gave it a quick once over and it looks good! For some reason I thought the Vulcana set was an AI social clothing set, but after this long I'm sure I am allowed to mix up one or two ;)

You're free to do screenshots here if you'd like, though you might be able to get more outside assistance on the main forum as far as getting shots of elusive or no-longer available items.

I'll check my mule bank too, to see if I have any that would be considered rare.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sat May 21, 2011 10:20 pm

I know of no such list anywhere...

It WOULD be a good 'interest guide' if you can complete it (with pictures)

I used to collect sets of clothing that I found in RK missions, but it simply started to take up WAY too much space in my banks so I discontinued the practice.
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Krishina

Post by Krishina » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:36 am

Krishina: Level 100 Engineer, RK2

Looking for a toe in the AO rp door.

Krishina

Post by Krishina » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:00 am

Black Sweater

ImageImage

Black Sweater Sleeves, Long Black Sweater Pants, Black Sweat-Shirt

ImageImage

As above, except with Short Black Sweater Pants

Blue Sweater

ImageImage

Blue Sweater Sleeves, Long Blue Sweater Pants, Blue Sweat-Shirt

ImageImage

As above, except with Short Blue Sweater Pants

Green Sweater

ImageImage

Green Sweater Sleeves, Long Green Sweater Pants, Green Sweat-Shirt

ImageImage

As above, except with Short Green Sweater Pants

The differences between the two pairs of pants are minimal for all the of the above.

xyz123abc

Post by xyz123abc » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:32 am

Now, it is some handsome post you treated to us ;)

if you can do one every month or two, you wil soon have a nice compilation, well worth making into a guide!

you could keep the thread for contributions, and hide posts like mine XD

Krishina

Post by Krishina » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:15 am

Thanks, it's nice that someone likes it. :)

I'm having a few issues with some of the clothes: namely the various glittering and rubber sets. Is there another vendor besides the general tailors, the Miiir shop and the guy in Newland that sells the hawaiian shirts?

On other notes, not looking forward to trying for the tentacle clothing (seriously, final boss of CoH? This'll be fun...) and Miiir has cost me more millions than I want to keep track of. <.< I also need to update the list at the beginning since as expected I missed a few and some shouldn't be on there.

Right, back to screenshotting.

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:47 am

Well at least with CoH you can get a beacon warp inside with a higher level toon, so that's not a big deal to pull off :)

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:12 am

Or if you're on Rimor, I might have a set lying around somewhere...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Krishina

Post by Krishina » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:48 am

I can beacon warp people in, it's roping in a friend with a high enough toon to run it for me. :lol: