Comeing Home?

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

snowspike

Comeing Home?

Post by snowspike » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:52 am

I played AO back when it first came out. I played a soldier and loved every minute of it. I was thinking about coming back to AO and playing again. I have a few questions that i would like to ask that would help me decided if i should come back or not.

1. How is the server pop now?
2. How are the people in general? Nice, fun to play with helpful?
3. Have there been a graphic update. (graphics don?óÔé¼Ôäót mat to me just wondering.)
4. Is the experience of game-play the same still just as fun as old days?

Thank you to anyone that might help me in my decision. :P

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:48 am

Let's see:
1. Both servers have about same population, but it is lower than it used to be
2. Depends who do you run into. Some are nice&helpful, but like any community, you can meet real douche-bags
3. Still waiting for graphic engine update. Some armors got overhauled tho and ofc never items have better meshes
4. Yes and no. FC introduced quite a bit of quests and dailly (special) missions. Since those mostly make leveling easier, players don't tend to team as much as they used to.

Advice: Start a new account, "free to play" aka froob one. You'll get classic AO and NW expansion pack and you can taste game and community for yourself. Since you stated you used to play when AO came out, I assume you don't have NW and you'd have to pay to play. If you decide you still like the game, you can either upgrade froob acount or your old one (from time to time Fc offers special deals on expansions & subscription, with 10th anniversary comming up in summer, they are probably do it then)
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians