Biomare *foremans* for neuts

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

buelly

Biomare *foremans* for neuts

Post by buelly » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:24 pm

i noticed on the guides that there are clanner and omni quests. does that mean that a neut is on his own or can we do one or both? Sorry if this was answered previously but the search function didnt point me in the way i thought it should of and thought i would just ask.

Currently playing a 73 neutral atrox adventurer and was thinking of heading into foremans the first time ever....

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:22 am

Errr, not a clue having never had a Neut, but I'm sure someone here will know...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:54 am

If it works the way other Omni/Clan ones do, then you should be able to do both of them as a Neutral, but (like Snake) I've never had a Neutral so don't hold me to it. Your best bet is to go to one of the quest starters and see what happens. Even if you can't do the quests, you can still get anything you need out of the instance itself :)

If you find out some more information one way or the other, you can always submit it so the guide can be updated on here as well.

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:20 pm

Speaking for me personally, when I edit a guide that works for Omni/Neutral or Clan/Neutral, I tend to also set the flags in the guide for that. So those should show up as "Mixed" side. Not sure 100% wether that's general convention with all AOU guides and writers, but hopefully it should be! So if you encounter any guides that state they're for Omni/Clan only and find out it isn't so, as Silvana said: feel free to give feedback on that.

buelly

Post by buelly » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:39 pm

the omni mission line does work for us neuts for sure i'm up to the computer hacking mission now. At level 75/76 i was getting 20k exp for turning in to linda osmos and think i got 45k exp for the tissue sample turn ins

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:55 am

I have added a little note at the top of the guide to reflect that. Thanks!

Sferykal

Post by Sferykal » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:21 pm

I'm late to the party, as always ...

As a neutral you have to decide for what side you want to do the missions. It doesn't really matter, but once you started with one you should stick to it. I haven't tried a mix-and-match style mission run, but I doubt it will work (or you end up doing things twice nonetheless without any real gains?).