Paying Datawraith and/or Scolfran-1 10mil for inviting me...

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

fr00b4life

Paying Datawraith and/or Scolfran-1 10mil for inviting me...

Post by fr00b4life » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:38 am

...into ICC Peacekeeper, 10m tip if you tell them. Just let them know who it was that informed them.

Looking for someone who knows, or owns, the characters: Datawraith and/or Scolfran-1 of the RK1 dimension. Trying to find someone to invite me into the org, ICC Peacekeeper. I tried asking ARK to pass me lead, but only works if I was already in org, since its been inactive (both the characters and org) for almost 7 years now, but to know avail. Even if the org is disbanded its out of the question since "ICC" is one of the illegal words that can't be used in an organization name, hence its uniqueness. The only way is to get invited into the org. And since the characters have been inactive for quite a while this is basically a hail mary, hoping that the player is still playing just on different characters/server.

I'd like to start a themed org that also helps others, whether lowbie or not, newbie or not. Got a decent amount of people who are willing to pay for the ICC social armor (Willing to pay $30 for a social item?! Yes. We are dedicated AO fans) BUT only if we get the org name to go with it, hence why ICC Peacekeeper is key.

So if you know the person(s) that own these, or better yet are the person that owns one of the character please send an offline message or through the mail system, to Vigos (RK2), PM, or just reply to the post lol. Thank you for your time.
Last edited by fr00b4life on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xyz123abc

Post by xyz123abc » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:15 pm

next time try a title: "paying Datawraith and/or Scolfran 500 for inviting me to ICC Peacekeeper, 50m tip if you tell them"

that would really drag more pleople, and more relevant ones, too

fr00b4life

Re: Paying Datawraith and/or Scolfran-1 10mil for inviting m

Post by fr00b4life » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Thanks xyz, took your advice and changed the title :) Hope it helps, lol.

Tazerman

Post by Tazerman » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:19 am

the kind of org it sounds like your trying to make sounds like a great idea.. If its on rk1 I would join (I only play omni/neut) but on your post I'm still a little confused on what you are trying to do with " ICC Peacekeepers"
Tazerman 200/00

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:50 am

Tazerman wrote:the kind of org it sounds like your trying to make sounds like a great idea.. If its on rk1 I would join (I only play omni/neut) but on your post I'm still a little confused on what you are trying to do with " ICC Peacekeepers"
With no one around that is still in the org, no one new can be invited to get promoted to take over. The org naming conventions changed after this org was created, so even if the org was deleted, they wouldn't be able to use that name again, because now it is against the rules. So he needs to get someone in the org to return to game, invite him to it, get him promoted to take over, and then he gets to keep the name as it is.

I think that's the gist of it :)

Tazerman

Post by Tazerman » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:53 am

*Pokes*

ok I understand now :-)
Tazerman 200/00

fr00b4life

Post by fr00b4life » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:33 am

Well said Silvana, I was trying to be detailed in what I was trying to convey but I guess you summed it up quiet well in a much simpler version :lol:

And thanks Tazerman, would be great :) Only if Funcom would add something to deal with inactivity of orgs. For instance if an org is inactive for more then a decade it begins a process for deletion. This process would last 1-3 days during which someone could take over if a /petition or support request was made by a player. After that the org is permanently disbanded.

Shouldn't take much time and effort to implement that would it? I'm sure the option is there they just don't use it. All the effort would be mostly on the part of the player. Plus the waiting of a decade or however many years (5 years optimistically), would be another obstacle. If no one requests to take over then no problems. It would get rid of alot of inactive orgs from FC's databases. I've seen people come back after 3-5 years of not playing, but not ten. I think its safe to say a decade is a good start.

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:41 am

They may be slightly more reluctant to help out in this particular situation because of the name and the changes in the naming conventions after its inception. So, good luck finding someone that can recruit you in :)

fr00b4life

Post by fr00b4life » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:07 am

Right, I can understand their reluctance due to the name but it shouldn't automatically warrent negativity. It would be up to me to do that name justice, should I be given the chance to. Its been more then 5 years since I've been searching/asking. I'm not bogged or disillusioned by this whatsoever. AO is a great game and is the only MMO that I can always keep coming back to :)

My only beef is WHY DIDN'T I KNOW ABOUT THIS GAME WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT, lol 8)

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:19 am

It wasn't that highly advertised in the beginning. I heard about it through a friend about a year and a half before it came out and we got involved in the beta. First beta I had ever been in and not knowing then what I do now, I didn't know it was as bad as it was. It's probably good you weren't around in the beginning ;)

fr00b4life

Post by fr00b4life » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:43 am

Lol, I'll take your word for it. I was merely pointing to the fact that some of the cool rare (collector-like) items I've seen have been before I started playing this game (before '05 :cry:) like those overly priced backpacks that are basically just for social/for show.

Also aslong as the game doesn't turn for the worst just to make a buck, you tend to love the game for all its features, and its flaws. Sort of like that "through thick and thin..." saying :top:

enlo

Post by enlo » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:28 am

Silvana wrote:It wasn't that highly advertised in the beginning. I heard about it through a friend about a year and a half before it came out and we got involved in the beta. First beta I had ever been in and not knowing then what I do now, I didn't know it was as bad as it was. It's probably good you weren't around in the beginning ;)
dunno how I found it, but totally true :D
btw I don't think it was soo bad. There were quite some bugs and totally uber professions but hey, look at other mmorpgs... it's the same story all over again :P

GL finding those two players... I guess they're long gone and you would have to pay them the AO subscription for a month to get that org