One week, 13 levels in and I'm getting kind of bored

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:18 pm

you still need a Valid CC to get that free month

I just tried that, a friend gave me a Key he got, so I created a new account, then used the Key, and then was shown which payment option I wanted to use, which needed (Req') a Valid CC
looks to me like your still going to be paying for at least one month, to get the free month.

I'm going to look at it again, and see if I missed seeing something to get this for free without the need for a valid CC.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:57 pm

You did miss something, you make a fr00b account, leave the payment details empty, then use the key to upgrade the account...

Just make sure you've downloaded the LARGE client, or your updated account will choke when you enter the Shadowlands or an AI area.
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:07 pm

Snakebite wrote:You did miss something, you make a fr00b account, leave the payment details empty, then use the key to upgrade the account...

Just make sure you've downloaded the LARGE client, or your updated account will choke when you enter the Shadowlands or an AI area.
that was exactly what I had did.

I still had not gone back and checked it, but I'll do that right now

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

okay back, nope You are required to start an subscription and to have a valid CC (or use one of the other payment methods)

when I use the key to upgrade, the only option it allows me to click on next, is create a new Account, so I create a new account, then it ask for subscribed type, 1 month 3, 6, 12.

okay leave those blank, then it reloads telling me I need to choose one. OKay 1 month

then it tells me I need to fill in the CC type and information

I'm thinking this only works if you already have a Paying account and you get suckered in to creating a second paying account :roll:

It's like the 14 days they sent me, stating they have reactivated my account so I can enjoy the anniversary, but when I go through the steps it does the same thing.

They didn't reactivate my account as stated. what the email and what it sez in Myaccounts are 2 different things. In my account they tell me they'll give me 14 days on top of the 30 free, but I need to reactivate the account.

If I could I would had reactivated my account when I came back if I could afford to.
Not too happy about the offers, sheesh my comp was fried when I had 10+ months left on my sub, and it took me over a year before I could get another comp. wouldn't mind being able to get those missed 10 months back, but I can't

So I don't think I missed anything when I tried to use it. I consider it as a scam till they fix it.
It's just a floating carrot

Yeah right reactivated my account to enjoy the anniversary. Seems they got to enjoy the anniversary in more ways then one.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:23 am

Send in a petition and question it...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:50 am

It sounds more like a billing issue with your account than anything, which a petition won't be able to help you with. If your account was closed due to a failed payment, like there wasn't enough money or the card info changed and wasn't updated (since you were gone when your subscription would have come up for renewal) then reactivating doesn't work the same.

Even if they give you free time, reactivating an account that was frozen for non-payment will require a card unless you talk to them through email or something.

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:23 am

Silvana wrote:
Even if they give you free time, reactivating an account that was frozen for non-payment will require a card unless you talk to them through email or something.
That's pretty much what I was thinking, I did send a email to accounts about it. Just had not heard back from them yet.

I'm satisfied playing with the FrooB account , I mean when I do have the funds to spend on Non essentials again, I'm defiantly going to renew. I would rather have a full sub then this Free sub, And the better weapons :P

Just sux I get a email telling me my account was renewed for 14 days game time, then to try and log in it, to see it was not, and I would actually need to renew it . Which then this offer was totally meaningless :(

ShadowInTheNight

Post by ShadowInTheNight » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:06 am

Use Paypal as your payment option. It won't try to charge you until after promised 14 days but the information needs to be there. When doing it with Paypal account that has no money there is no risk of losing money even if it does try to charge you.