A proper introduction on Anarchy Online Universe Forums!

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

BuffSlayer

A proper introduction on Anarchy Online Universe Forums!

Post by BuffSlayer » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:37 pm

:wink: Hello dear readers! :wink:

I'm kinda discovering and exploring the AO World at this moment, and also i would like it to say i like to meet new players and people to hangout and play, in fact i have been around ao now for some time already but i still feel like I'm fairly new to this game i started getting better with understanding how to twink a character and played on and off so far on few toons on both dimensions im currently thinking it what to post in here, well its because i like to try new things or to if its safe to say im just a tiny bit bored or haven't anything better to do right now... well i have a question about a thing or two..
Sometimes im wondering if people still play these days or just "camping borealis streets-fence sitting?" and since i havent been dinging it too much i stayed on lvls like 15/24...and something that goes for totw i will probably remain in that lvl for a while or ill lvl it up some more let it leave as surprise.... :o

Some of you have perhaps met or notice me on other forum...

Don't get discouraged reading it looks like it becoming a Wall'o'text ...so i'll continue if i may... i'd like to know where did people dissappear these days?
Well often i like to team if there is chance also to promote some pvp instead grinding pvm (i wouldn't like fighting someone from own side on a character BTW) but i see tl2 BS for a froob not start at all ...on other rk i do see people signed there ...
will rk1 BS-2 be active again any time soon or im missing something and i should go probably find other pvp places(no i dont mean doing an ambush or somethin this way :oops: ) i played some other MMO not like AO but it has really good pvp places and quite many souls active in pvp!

I also mentioned i like to team with others well often i fire up team window
there is still same team desriptions i mean LE/SL/Hecks and so... but ok perhaps if noone is available teaming i can roll a mish or 2 and do daily...

...i also would like to mention i do like the role-play its a good way of entertainment and that it could be encouraged more... im still gathering experience on how to properly role-play so im interested if people are doing perhaps a "more heavy-er RP style of game" i know some guilds might do it or RP channels on both RK1 and RK2, or maybe i just haven't noticed it too much... it's cool that drama on Rubi-Ka... it spices up a game really btw i am mostly omni faction... was been also recently thinking to try out a neutral character... but it sounds a lot of different gear&setup than omni would be...

So my final thoughts shall be let we say: im open on new suggestions and advice also criticism in a good way and comments on forum oh finally at the end of post...(not really please don't hate me for that long post-maybe it should be edited to be colorful perhaps... ill try to make it up and create shorter posts in future...) oh nothing about my chars sorry i forgot it... i'll perhaps take some time to edit the sig when i can... untill then... :D :o :D

Smileys for everyone at AO-UNI!!!
**Coming soon!**

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:33 pm

Welcome

And depending on what you want out of game, you can still fell new to it after 7 years. As for wheather people play the game or just sit around...understanding this will more or less answer most of your questions.

Current trend in playing MMOs is to powerlevel to endgame, grab phats and then roll alt and do it all over again. So most players will rather sit around for hours in order to get a team for phats or best leveling spots than forming their own team and do something else, while less rewording, usually more fun.

The players that are usually more inclined to try something different are RPers. For Atlantean, you can /tell Channel42 !join, to contact them. Also, joining some RP guild will probably enrich your AO experience (check which ones fit the bill here.

But in any case, since most players simply powerlevel, you'll have to make your own entertaiment. Being new isn't really a setback, since you can always ask what else is there to do (trust me, you'll get answers both ingame and on forums and lots of alternatives).

As for PvP, sorry, not really into that myself, so I can't offer any advice.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

BuffSlayer

Post by BuffSlayer » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:37 am

Trgeorge wrote: The players that are usually more inclined to try something different are RPers. For Atlantean, you can /tell Channel42 !join, to contact them. Also, joining some RP guild will probably enrich your AO experience (check which ones fit the bill here.
But in any case, since most players simply powerlevel, you'll have to make your own entertaiment. Being new isn't really a setback, since you can always ask what else is there to do (trust me, you'll get answers both ingame and on forums and lots of alternatives).
As for PvP, sorry, not really into that myself, so I can't offer any advice.
Hi!
I have heard already / or know about the Channel42 on Atlantean, but i haven't been on that ch any much, so i was thinking perhaps you can introduce how does this channel work, maybe some "obvious" rules of
CH-42 (umm why it has this name, seems like something from Hitchiker's Guide :-D) or perhaps also other interesting things about the channel...

The RP Guilds seem to be quite interesting, are they all active still?

I like this one... But in any case, since most players simply powerlevel, you'll have to make your own entertaiment. ...so a list of funiest things todo in ao, perhaps ( ok usual and obvious is playing game ofc )? :-D
**Coming soon!**

BuffSlayer

Post by BuffSlayer » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:46 am

...Also can anyone post a link to latest/updated downloadable version of AOU GUI skins... would be harder to find if digging it in forum threads also updates for those famous curvy nano&health bars ^_^
**Coming soon!**

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:58 am

Hi, welcome to AOU. The latest version of the AOU Gui is always in our downloads section here : http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?sit ... tion=tools

Scene
AOU Community Legend

Post by Scene » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:10 pm

BuffSlayer wrote:...those famous curvy nano&health bars ^_^
Famous?

more like infamous :P

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:01 am

BuffSlayer wrote: Hi!
I have heard already / or know about the Channel42 on Atlantean, but i haven't been on that ch any much, so i was thinking perhaps you can introduce how does this channel work, maybe some "obvious" rules of
CH-42 (umm why it has this name, seems like something from Hitchiker's Guide :-D) or perhaps also other interesting things about the channel...
Rules, let's see...all chat should be in-character, out of character (OOC) is usually indicated using double brackets, fe: ((Ok, I need a little help here)). So sometimes it's a bit hard to make your point, since most common cultural refferences of today should be forgoten or unknown.
As for other interesting things about channel, sometimes LTCs (long term characters - ARK event team RP characters) log on or other players get the whip of some RP event and announce it on Ch42.
The RP Guilds seem to be quite interesting, are they all active still?
Some are and some aren't and ofc it all depends on your timezone. Again, your best bet is asking about that ingame on Ch42.
I like this one... But in any case, since most players simply powerlevel, you'll have to make your own entertaiment. ...so a list of funiest things todo in ao, perhaps ( ok usual and obvious is playing game ofc )? :-D
There are parties, player run competitions, etc.... It's hard to define what's fun, since different people find different stuff amuzing. I have always enjoyed exploring RK, but you need Yalm for that. For example, there are a lot of NPCs (some unlisted), that share pieces of lore with you.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians