Funcom & AO Universe February/March Contest!

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Kesher

Post by Kesher » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:27 pm

Me and my brother play 2 different accounts, sorry I didn't said it clearer.

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:10 am

I've been receiving a number of PM's asking me to 'clarify' questions, unfortunately if I was to do so I'd be giving away the answers.

I strongly suggest you read the first post carefully.

This is our first large contest, of course it won't be perfect but we tried hard to cover everything.

Next contest will have more detailed rules, adding more rules now may disqualify people who already sent their entries and make the contest more complex and even unfair.
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Frieloc

Post by Frieloc » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:31 am

1 entry per person... so 1 entry per person period, or 1 per account per person? Just wondering.

Also, my old main account isnt suspended or banned, unless by suspended you mean frozen? I had a low limit credit card at the time and a payment didnt go through so its frozen... so is that eligible or no?
Imatroxdoc, 188/12 Atrox Doctor, Omni, Squad Commander of Band of Little Brothers
Ruffixx, 136/13 Opifex Fixer, Omni, Unit Member of Obsidian Order

Former account open for now:
Imadoctor, 208/11 Solitus Doctor
Frieloc, 205/8 Soltius Adventurer

All Altantean.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:02 am

Dagget wrote:The rules, as stated, are rather fuzzy as regards accounts.

As they are stated now, I could have one account (free, at that) on one PC and me and my 7 roomates, each with their own E-mail addresses, could each run 1 character and each enter the contest. That one paid account then has 8 chances of winning. Heck, 24 ppl could have 24 E-mails on that one paid account (3 servers x 8 chars).
This practice of sharing an account is of course against the EULA, FC would not only NOT give you the prize, they would shut down the account...

One entry per E-Mail address...
The E-Mail address HAS to be the one linked to your account...
If you have multiple accounts on the same E-Mail address, this still equates to one entry per E-Mail address...
If you have multiple accounts linked to different E-Mail adresses this means one entry per E-Mail address...!

Soviet91

Post by Soviet91 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:13 pm

Say, should I recieve some kind of confirmation once I have send my answers?

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:36 pm

Soviet91 wrote:Say, should I recieve some kind of confirmation once I have send my answers?
Nope, since it's not an automated system but a temporary reroute address (to avoid getting spam after the contest is over)
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

anewbie1

Post by anewbie1 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:09 am

Snakebite wrote: One entry per E-Mail address...
The E-Mail address HAS to be the one linked to your account...
This was not mentioned in the original post. If I had already submitted my entry from an alternate email address, is there anything I should to do correct this? Thanks.

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:46 am

Go by the original post rules.

psion314

Post by psion314 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:02 pm

Hey, I have one small question concerning the prizes.

In the original post, the first prize appears simple; a lifetime account with the works. However, I don't understand the second and third prizes.

"2nd an 3rd Prize winners will have their accounts upgraded which means that if they are currently on the AO promotional free account offer (a fr00b account) they will become pay accounts where monthly fees will apply. " seems exactly the same as signing up whether you win a contest or not, since you pay the monthly fees either way.

Could you clarify how this is different from just making a paying account normaly? Maybe I'm just stupid lol.

Nyton

Post by Nyton » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:45 pm

If you have a free account you are not paying a monthly fee, but if you win either of those prizes your account will be upgraded with the expansion and you would then have to pay the monthly fee. This doesn't effect you if you are already paying monthly fees.

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:46 am

Difference is in add-ons. Those prizes bring pre-order add-ons like Leet pet and Jobe appartment.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

Gwop

Post by Gwop » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:19 pm

2nd and 3rd prizes seem kinda pointless to me.
Gwop 220 Keeper
Arlanon 218 Agent

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:59 pm

You could only get the Luxury Apartment and Pet Leet's if you pre-ordered Shadowlands or AI respectively. There are people who really want these things!!

battleskill

Re: Funcom & AO Universe February/March Contest!

Post by battleskill » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:43 am

Windguaerd wrote:Your account must have be at least 2 months old, this is to avoid people creating many fr00b accounts and web-email addresses to increase their chance of winning.
Was there a date by which the account is 2 months old? like 2 months old since Febuary 15th or March 15th?

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:57 am

ATTENTION: DUE TO THE LONG DOWNTIME OF OUR FORUMS THE CONTEST IS NOW EXTENDED TO MARCH 24TH!