Funcom & AO Universe February/March Contest!

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Re: Question 4

Post by Windguaerd » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:27 am

Scream-4-Me wrote:Hi,

Please enlighten me about question 4:

"Why did no other Corporations Survey Rubi-ka before it was colonized? "

I would like to ask you if you are sure in that the question relates BEFORE the colonisation begins? Because the trivial answer is after the.... but can i tell more ?

Te answer is simple but dont know which :P

Thank you.
All the others are filled waiting to be sent,
till you write your answers, I get my Crat a pet!
The answer is one of the choices, we just can't tell you which one of course :wink:
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

speedoman

Question about in-game name

Post by speedoman » Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:32 pm

I have a certain in-game name on RK2. However, there is a different player with the same in-game name on RK1. Should I indicate in this case that I want to have this registered for the "(in-game name)" on RK2?

BTW the quiz was reasonable in difficulty, and helped me to learn about the history of AO. Thanks for holding this contest!
Last edited by speedoman on Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:00 pm

I hope this is your in-game name and not account name, otherways I suggest you edit your post asap.

Storyline holds but a fraction of history, other parts you can find in dialogs with NPCs, item descriptions etc... And don't thank us (we apprreaciate it non the less), but Fc for providing rewards that promped players to read storyline.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

speedoman

Post by speedoman » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:05 pm

Trgeorge wrote:I hope this is your in-game name and not account name, otherways I suggest you edit your post asap.

Storyline holds but a fraction of history, other parts you can find in dialogs with NPCs, item descriptions etc... And don't thank us (we apprreaciate it non the less), but Fc for providing rewards that promped players to read storyline.
Don't worry. I might be a fr00b, but I'm not that stupid. :D

Once again, that is the name of my character on RK2, but there is another one with the same in-game name on RK-1, but it is controlled by another player. My question is, how can I ensure that my entry is not confused with his account?

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Re: Question about in-game name

Post by Windguaerd » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:32 pm

speedoman wrote:I have a certain in-game name on RK2. However, there is a different player with the same in-game name on RK1. Should I indicate in this case that I want to have this registered for the "Quorg" on RK2?

BTW the quiz was reasonable in difficulty, and helped me to learn about the history of AO. Thanks for holding this contest!
Ah, good point, do add in your email which server you're on
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Anonymous59

Hi !

Post by Anonymous59 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:45 pm

Hello,

I'm a recent subscriber (but "old" fr00b), and as I had already read the storyline, I've tryed this contest :D
But in the rules, people musn't send more than one email. I've sent only one, that's ok, but now, you say that the Dimension of our character must be put in our email...I've already sent the email, even if my character name is unique, I'm asking that for me and for other people with not-unique char names who already sent the mail too ; what do we have to do, sending another mail with the dimension which wouldn't disqualify us, or doing anything else ?

About the contest, thanks for holding it, AO Universe staff :) Thanks to Funcom too, for the rewards :)

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Re: Hi !

Post by Windguaerd » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:14 pm

Anonymous59 wrote:Hello,

I'm a recent subscriber (but "old" fr00b), and as I had already read the storyline, I've tryed this contest :D
But in the rules, people musn't send more than one email. I've sent only one, that's ok, but now, you say that the Dimension of our character must be put in our email...I've already sent the email, even if my character name is unique, I'm asking that for me and for other people with not-unique char names who already sent the mail too ; what do we have to do, sending another mail with the dimension which wouldn't disqualify us, or doing anything else ?

About the contest, thanks for holding it, AO Universe staff :) Thanks to Funcom too, for the rewards :)
Someone else may have the same character name in another server, but they don't have you email address.

Winners get contacted through email.

Anonymous59

Post by Anonymous59 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:03 pm

Ok, thanks :wink:

aoguy

Post by aoguy » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:57 pm

can i be from the test server or do i have to be form the 3 live servers

battleskill

Post by battleskill » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:53 am

Question 4 was extremely confusing... :cry:

But I sent my entry in.
Good luck to all.

nerfmaster

Post by nerfmaster » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:03 am

this is a very intresting contest ,thank you for making it :D

btw i got a question (prolly stupid but heh im like that)

i know there is a char with the same ign then me on rk2 but its my char too so this wont do any problems?

good luck to all who participate :)

good luck all on your adventures in rubika and shadow lands
phear teh nerf!1

Someone

Post by Someone » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:26 am

Ok, I have to ask because it's not clear to me with the above answers...
I have 3 accounts, one for me, one for my daughter and one for my son.
Since I am the one managing (and paying) for all 3 of them and can my kids still enter the contest ?
Point is, they don't have a personal email addy and sending their answer in using my adress will get me disqualified?

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:57 am

Yes Someone, all 3 of those accounts belong to you as far as this competition goes.

If you win, you would probably be able to chose which account to upgrade as FC would see that you have 3 payed accounts on the one E-Mail Address.

You could always raffle the prize between you (or you could have the person that causes least mess & trouble over the next few weeks the winner (personal favourate, I have kids lol))

Kesher

Post by Kesher » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:45 pm

I've sent the answers to this competition already, problem is both me and my brother are playing from the same computer. We have different e-mail addresses and those we've used when sending the answers, is it a problem as far as this competition goes ?

Dagget

Post by Dagget » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:11 pm

The rules, as stated, are rather fuzzy as regards accounts.

As they are stated now, I could have one account (free, at that) on one PC and me and my 7 roomates, each with their own E-mail addresses, could each run 1 character and each enter the contest. That one paid account then has 8 chances of winning. Heck, 24 ppl could have 24 E-mails on that one paid account (3 servers x 8 chars).

The just prior post is undoubtedly a case of two ppl sharing one account, my example is simply a logical extension of that.

What I think the contest operators -really- meant was that there can only be one entry per -account-, period. How exactly they validate that I am not sure. If the entrant used the same E-mail as the one linked to the registered (free or paid) account then it is very simple. If they used an E-mail address not in any way linked to an AO account, then things get messy in a hurry.
~\_/~\_O