Neutrino Flash bug?

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

bikernoj

Neutrino Flash bug?

Post by bikernoj » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:49 am

I've been playing my neut soldier lately, and recently got him a Neutrino Flash rifle from SoM. But something is wrong with it: thre is NO sound at all from the weapon.

I talked to an ARK rep (helpful as always), who told me it's a known issue that hasn't been resolved. No one else I have talked to in-game has a neutrino flash that makes sound, so does anyone know what the deal is with that?

It really takes away from the experience to finally get your first Uber Gun as a low level soldier and have it be SILENT!

Has this been a bug for a long time, and is there any way to fix it? SoM is one of the older dungeons, so this should have been worked out long ago, IMO. I thought I could overlook the silence since it's a great froob weapon in every other respect, but soldier guns are supposed to be LOUD, and it just gets under my skin when I OD some twink with a Division 9 with no BOOM, BZZZT, PEW-PEW or CHUNK sound. :(

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:39 am

If it's a 'known bug' then there's nothing you can do about it.

Think of it as covert operations...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:29 pm

theres a couple of weapons that don't have attack noises, neutrino flash being one of the more used ones.

bikernoj

Post by bikernoj » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:47 pm

It just takes away from the overall experience, IMO. Some classes are supposed to be stealthy (agent, shade, maybe MA), most melee weapons just have a "swoosh" sound when used, but a soldier's gun SHOULD have a sound!

Everyone I chat with in-game is annoyed by the silent nature of this weapon, and its good to see our concerns taken seriously.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:52 am

You should be posting this on the official forums, and get everyone to second it, & maybe, just maybe it will be put in rotation to get it sorted out!

Niodemus
AOU Content Editor

Post by Niodemus » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:54 pm

Snakebite wrote:You should be posting this on the official forums, and get everyone to second it, & maybe, just maybe it will be put in rotation to get it sorted out!
Without wanting to daunt someone... but how long has it taken it to get a sound on ranged AI weapons? ... something like 2 or 3 years ... if I recall right....

Regards
Nio

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:36 pm

Now Nio... Stop scaring the normals...!