newbie question about pets how to get more than one

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

elf25s

newbie question about pets how to get more than one

Post by elf25s » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:41 pm

i am not sure if this had been asked i browsed for 2 days and found few close things but no answer.
the questions i have are as follows:

1 how can i get to use more than one pet at a time and what is needed to do so

2 which classes can use more than one pet

my buddy and i had been trying to find answer to that for 2 days through various forums and sites.
we both have 2 charicters in 2 classes of engeneer and metaphyisist each.
and while in first city of calners we saw few high lvl char with multiple pets
we tried asking how they obtained them but pretty much got no answer or in better cases some of them called us names and told us to insert few things in places that sun does not normally shine in some polite or non polite ways.
maybe i will have better luck here

thanks

anton*123

Post by anton*123 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:10 pm

Yo man hi there 1st off all it depends on your profession as you say you and your friend have a engi and a mp.

Now for a mp you can have one or more pets that you can use at once, infact 3 one is your attack pet one is a heal pet and the other is a mez pet.

As for a engi at lower lvl's you may only have 1 pet to battle for you whice you can buff up and heal with certian nano's, as you progress to higer lvl's with your engi you can summon a mec dog to fight for you also.

A list off these pet's in order from the lowest to higest can be found at a site called auno.org.

Hope you have fun ingame if you need any more help feel free to contact me in game either on Uzzman or Uzznano on RK1

Links to auno pet nano's follow below,

http://auno.org/ao/nanos.php?prof=engineer

http://auno.org/ao/nanos.php?prof=meta-physicist
Anthony

Morgo
AOU Content Editor

Post by Morgo » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am

You forgot to mention bureaucrat who is able able to control 2 pets and beside that they are caple of charming monsters so they can hold 3 pets overall aswell.

This proffesion isnt a easy to play so if you want a solid pet proffesion I would advice you to take engi or MP.
Veteran Dark "Morgo" Padawan :: Devil Inside :: EnforcerImage

Fourthaid
AOU Content Editor

Post by Fourthaid » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:13 am

anton*123 wrote:As for a engi at lower lvl's you may only have 1 pet to battle for you whice you can buff up and heal with certian nano's, as you progress to higer lvl's with your engi you can summon a mec dog to fight for you also.
Keep in mind that the mech dogs require that you have Shadowlands, so if you are a froob you will only ever have one pet as an engineer :)

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:33 pm

technically crats can only control 1 pet, and charm 2 monsters.

Until high level when you can get Carlo pinetti as a pet that replaced both charms (so I guess you technically charm carlo to fight for you ?é?¼_?é?¼)

Engineers start with just 1 pet, if you have shadowlands you gain access to dogs at around level 100ish is it not?

MP's start with their attack pet, can buy a heal pet from the stores and the mezz pet comes from missions.

Traders technically can charm a mob into fighting for them, however this removes you the trader being able to do anything for the duration so it just pet control, at end game they get a nano to summon 3(or is it 4?) lawyer pets for a short duration (this isn't terribly good but apparently is being reworked)

If your a doctor you generally get a pet enforcer at around level 50ish. ;)

Vickie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Vickie » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:40 pm

Traders = 4 pets. useless ones :D
Sworn to Avenge. Condemn to hell. Tempt not the blade, All fear the Sentinels.

Vickie "Ladypz" Creehan President of Forsaken