Research Question

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Avee

Research Question

Post by Avee » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:49 am

Hi All,

Having a bit of an issue with research.
I have just finished researching my first selection, it shows in the finished research tab. So I thought I would start another line as to continue in that line I need a higher level. But..
When I select another, nothing. The tab goes green (dot next to it) but it does not show up in the tab where you can select the sliders. What an I doing wrong :)

Fourthaid
AOU Content Editor

Re: Research Question

Post by Fourthaid » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:28 am

Avee wrote: So I thought I would start another line as to continue in that line I need a higher level. But..
When I select another, nothing. The tab goes green (dot next to it) but it does not show up in the tab where you can select the sliders. What an I doing wrong :)
I am unsure if I am reading this right.. But are you saying that the next level of that particular research requires you to be of a higher level? For instance you want to do the level 4 research lines (that require level 100) but are level 90 at the moment.. If that's the case, then the problem is fairly obvious..

However if you are of a high enough level to research the level.. Then I am a bit unsure what the issue is, as the research you have selected won't show up in the "Allocate Research" list until you have gotten some XP dedicated to it from killing something that gives you XP while having the slider for Personal Research somewhere above 0% :)

Avee

Post by Avee » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:58 am

?However if you are of a high enough level to research the level.. Then I am a bit unsure what the issue is, as the research you have selected won't show up in the "Allocate Research" list until you have gotten some XP dedicated to it from killing something that gives you XP while having the slider for Personal Research somewhere above 0%
Thanks for reply, got it sorted thanks.
Was thinking it would show in allocated window first.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:38 pm

No, what you were looking at is the DONE research lines... :P
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!